• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road trip with the in-laws Part 87

20240406_105230.jpg
20240406_105653.jpg

Another great one from years past

Can't believe I missed this story. Things like these are what caused my wife and I to schedule annual trips over Thanksgiving. I just ran up the white flag and retreated. Been going on for about 10 years now. Rest of the family now accepts it as tradition. And I get to live in a resort, stroll along the beach and in general have a week of peace.
Here's a pic of Thanksgiving Evening last year.

PXL_20231123_115911451.jpg

Can't believe I missed this story. Things like these are what caused my wife and I to schedule annual trips over Thanksgiving. I just ran up the white flag and retreated. Been going on for about 10 years now. Rest of the family now accepts it as tradition. And I get to live in a resort, stroll along the beach and in general have a week of peace.
That's a great idea! I may steal it from ya! 🤣

I needed to hit multiple emojis on your post lol

Here's a pic of Thanksgiving Evening last year.

View attachment 7099984
That looks so peaceful and amazing!

Sorry. That sucks.

I got stuck with my sister-in-law's family for about a week last year in Asia. They don't like me because I am pretty sure they have been told I am a right-wing extremist, which is funny because I never discuss politics around them. They live in California and should probably stay there. I booked a different hotel from them so we would have to meet up, which provided me some time without them. As soon as we all piled into a van though, I was trapped. Her husband would only eat chicken if it's a boneless breast. He bitched incessantly, especially about traffic. Their kids mostly wanted to eat pizza. The only reason I mention it was in Asia is because there's going to be traffic and the menu isn't going to be the same as the States. It was a headache.

The sister-in-law asked if we wanted to meet them somewhere else this summer. My thought process goes through these priorities:

1. No, we can't make it.
2. We can make it, but our timelines only overlap 2-3 days.
3. We stay in different hotels and can only link up certain days.
4. My wife can join but I am not going to be able to make it.
There's time when we're all out and about and I'll just walk off or let my wife know I'm headed to a different store. My wife doesn't question me anymore and I get my little bit of alone time to regain my peace. She knows I'll call her when I'm ready to regroup so keep an ear out and listen for your phone lol

Back
Top Bottom