• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rome Man Shoots Himself. "Accident"

I carry with a round in the chamber and decocked. I want the least amount of steps to think about if I'm in a stressed situation. I will not carry a weapon with an external safety. My booger hook is my safety. With my Sig it is impossible for the round to fire by dropping the weapon. As a matter of fact its impossible for the gun to fire without pulling that 10lb DA trigger, period. That's why I like Glocks, M&P's without the external safeties, DA/SA Sig's. Less steps decreases your chances of screwing up and losing.

So why was his gun out of the holster ?

$20 says he was "cleaning" it. Actually, someone I know shot himself in the leg about 4 days ago while he was "cleaning" his gun. That's really only one of the drawbacks to inexperienced gun owners with Glocks, having to dry fire the weapon to fieldstrip it. (Don't burn me on this one boys, I like Glock's, just stating my opinion)

I always check reguardless. With the Sig you don't have to dry fire to fieldstrip which is nice... I still give the champer a visual inspection just so I'm in the habit.

BTW, the video was great. Really puts things in prespective. Also, makes you realize that rocker-draw defensive shooting should be practiced A LOT, along with point shooting as well.

Back
Top Bottom