• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rome Man Shoots Himself. "Accident"

And this why I don't leave one in the chamber. Honestly how much longer would it take the slide the slide back if you ever need it?

i remember watching one of those security camera videos once. the store owner was carrying but didnt have a round in the chamber. in an adrenaline dump, motor skills go to crap. it took him several tries to rack the slide.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid!

The more you have to do under duress, the more likely you are to screw something up.

On the flip side of that is complacency and overconfidence. nce you really know your weapon system then you begin to run the risk that you will go into autopilot and assume something without actually verifying.

It blows my mind how people don't check. Even if I pick one up in my safe that's hasn't been touched in a while, I slide it back and check before I start handling one.

Agreed, I always double check and if someone is around have them verify, not to mention when I do dry fire, I never point it at myself, loaded or not.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid!

The more you have to do under duress, the more likely you are to screw something up.

On the flip side of that is complacency and overconfidence. nce you really know your weapon system then you begin to run the risk that you will go into autopilot and assume something without actually verifying.

very true.

Agreed, I always double check and if someone is around have them verify, not to mention when I do dry fire, I never point it at myself, loaded or not.

Yeah, I feel kind of silly sometimes but whenever I dry fire to strip I find myself actually putting the muzzle against seat cushion pointing straight down. I KNOW it's safe but I can't help myself. Don't actually think I want to beak that habit though.

Hard to carry a revolver without one in the chamber. There are thousands of Georgians carrying every day. Thanks to Obama we have a lot of new gun owners and that is a good thing, but I expect we will have more stories like this with all the new gun owners out there.

One positive thing that has come out of all of this is that more and more people are exercising their Right to Bear Arms and I appreciate this. Unfortunately, many of these people will not take the initiative to learn proper techniques when dealing with firearms. I agree with VwBeamer, we will hear of more stories like this

It's amazing it doesn't happen more often. Imagine how many folks that aren't comfortable with firearms that carry now.

Also imagine how many there are like me, people that have been around and carried them forever and have a single instance of a brain fart?

I stress to everyone, never be afraid of or too comfortable with any firearm.

They're unforgiving beast.

Back
Top Bottom