• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger 10mm 1911

Looking at the Lyman 49th edition the max velocity of a 200 grain bullet in 10mm is 1148 and 41 mag is 1392. The low end on the 41 mag 200 grain velocity is 1157 so you would be correct I that it is very close to 41 mag power. Just not max 41 mag power.
I really like the 10mm. And it's a lot easier to conceal in a 1911 than a 41 magnum in a desert eagle. I like the 180 grain speer gold dot hp loaded over 12.7 grains of 2400 at a velocity of 1214. I tried haed to use 11 grains of blue dot for a listed velocity of 1295 I just could never get it to feed in my RIA. It did fine in the Sig 10mm

When I get one (before 2017 is up) I'll post a review after 500 rounds. And let yall know if i had any issues.
I had a lot of issues with the RIA and had to send it back, their customer service was great, fixed it and sent it back in a weeks time.

When I get one (before 2017 is up) I'll post a review after 500 rounds. And let yall know if i had any issues.
I had a lot of issues with the RIA and had to send it back, their customer service was great, fixed it and sent it back in a weeks time.

Did you have function issues or breakage issues?

Live round stove pipe mostly. No breakage.

I would also have the occasional FTF, FTE. Later after I got it back maybe 800 rounds later I started having last round in the mag feed issues and they sent me a new mag and that worked. No other after market or brand mag would run 100%. Just factory. I bought an extra from them after spend 150 on others

Ive got a Glock and Sig in 10mm. Have really been considering the 1911 Ruger.
Man I almost bought a glock 29 several times I just can't bring myself to buy a glock. I believe they are quality firearms I just don't like them. For the following reasons

(1) they are ugly(I know ugly girls need love too)

(2) they point naturally high for me

(3) they are ugly

(4) I don't like Smyrna (and everybody who recommends one says when you have a problem you can go there and get it fixed while you wait) I dont need any more problems, I had 3 teenage daughters at one time. That was enough problems for a life time thankfully they're all grown now

(5) they are ugly( the glocks not my daughters)

(6) did I mention they're ugly

(7) everybody else has one

(8) you know already, they are ugly

Man I almost bought a glock 29 several times I just can't bring myself to buy a glock. I believe they are quality firearms I just don't like them. For the following reasons

(1) they are ugly(I know ugly girls need love too)

(2) they point naturally high for me

(3) they are ugly

(4) I don't like Smyrna (and everybody who recommends one says when you have a problem you can go there and get it fixed while you wait) I dont need any more problems, I had 3 teenage daughters at one time. That was enough problems for a life time thankfully they're all grown now

(5) they are ugly( the glocks not my daughters)

(6) did I mention they're ugly

(7) everybody else has one

(8) you know already, they are ugly

But not many other pistols will hold as many 10mm as my G20 will. Ive also considered a Witness.

Back
Top Bottom