• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger vs M1 carbine

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
For those that have had both, is the stock wrist on the mini 14 narrower than on an M1 carbine ?

Depends on which carbine stock maker made said stock... some are thin, some feel like your holding a 2x4 in your hand...

I believe the commonly used M2 carbine stock is slightly beefier than the M1 stock in that area as well.
This is true, I have my Dad's old M1 Carbine with a M2 stock and his Mini-14 GB and the M2 stock is a lot thicker than the Mini-14. But that M1 is a lot lighter than the Mini-14.

8D70800B-7948-4F16-9816-E1F9580CD1EF.jpeg

Agreed.

I think Ruger’s new black synthetic stocks for the Mini-14 and Mini-30 are even slimmer, and a better fit for my hands, than Ruger’s wood versions.

As much as I like M1 carbines, and I owned one for years, I think a Mini-14 is better in the role of a light weight, compact, defensive rifle or carbine, within 300 yards or so (to get a 51% or better chance of hitting a man-sized target).

My Mini 14 has a side-folding stock, M14 style flash hider (pinned), and a Mini Mag Light mounted on the barrel, with a momentary contact switch on the rifle’s forestock.

Back
Top Bottom