• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sandy Springs gun club shooting

This is why I carry something with an external safety. I must move two parts of the gun before I can shoot my balls off.

External safety’s can and do fail. The only safety you should rely on is keeping your booger hook off the bang switch until your ready to fire

aren't those pistols single action only?
I have the same gun, although mine has the folding handle that covers the trigger when closed.

They are single-action, but it probably wouldn't be hard to catch the hammer on something to cock it.

There is a safety notch between cylinders you are supposed to rest the firing pin (part of the hammer) in when you carry it.

But if you forgot that or the hammer got snagged and cocked it would be a live trigger with no guard.

They are great little pistols, but people who carry them without something covering the trigger are a single hiccup away from an ND.

“The manager says a man was putting his weapon away when it went off.

The injured man is expected to be OK.”

Apparently the store is being managed by a dumbass that believes guns just go off on their own.
Not suggesting a "dumbass", but probably lax and unattentive.

A few weeks ago I was there zeroing a scope on the 35 yard range, just me and one other shooter occupying the first and last booths on the 5 booth lanes. We were both settled down and doing our thing when all of a sudden some store assistant came in, went to the center booth and fired 4-5 fast shots of what sounded like 300 blackout. I almost crapped my drawers as I never even saw the shooter come into the range.

I mentioned this the the desk guy when I was leaving and pointed out that I didn't want anyone to get into trouble but they may want to review procedures with their staff as this sort of behavior could cause a nervous range user to have an accident. The desk clerk said that the store manager had walked behind me when I was telling him about the incident so he heard what I was saying. The store manager however didn't acknowledge my complaint or even offer me an apology and assurance that he would take the matter up with his staff. At the time (mid-day, mid week) the range was almost empty of shooters (from now on there will be one less). There were at least 4-5 staff in the store.

This recent accidental shooting was not any direct fault of the store or management, but it's hard to see this business surviving if they don't get their act together.

Back
Top Bottom