• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBS QUESTION

I believe it's a barrel less than 18" and overall length less than 26" classifies it as SBS or Any Other Weapon and the wait time has been 9-10 months approval but that will go down significantly in the next couple months. There was a a ton of submittals between June and July last year that are coming through now so hopefully the wait goes back to 5-6 months.

SBS $200 stamp
AOW $5 stamp

You buying or building?

If you build a short barreled shotgun from a shotgun it will always be a shotgun. 200 on form 1, if you get a pistol grip only model you can build it as an aow but it's still 200 on a form 1. If you buy one that was built by a manufacturer you can get an aow and only pay the 5 bucks to transfer an aow.

I think the shotgun is a shotgun because it was designed to be fired from the shoulder as far as the rules go so below the minimum barrel length and oal it's a sbs. If you build a short shotgun from a pgo version or buy and it was never classified as a shotgun in the first place because it wasn't designed to be fired from the shoulder it doesn't really fit as a shotgun so it's an aow.

I think that's how it works, red dawn is right on the lengths.

I want one of these AOW but havent bothered with nfa since the changes

http://www.serbu.com/super-shorty-aow-shotgun-12-gauge.html

Back
Top Bottom