• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammed on Ebay

if it isn't too late, try initiating a return on ebay for the item being significantly not as advertised. A SNAD is a fairly ironclad way for you to get a refund as the buyer. Sellers have little defense against a SNAD.
it would be POETIC justice to do this.... postcard w/tracking# and use some misc address in his city! but then ebay may believe I actually received it.

I just did that. ebay wants supporting documents, which I don't have because USPS won't provide it, citing I am NOT the recipient.

Do you have an email or proof that USPS says you weren’t the recipient? It should be up to the seller to provide proof that they sent it to the address listed on your PayPal. If you had them ship it to an address not used on your PayPal, I don’t know if there is any recourse.

Do you have an email or proof that USPS says you weren’t the recipient? It should be up to the seller to provide proof that they sent it to the address listed on your PayPal. If you had them ship it to an address not used on your PayPal, I don’t know if there is any recourse.
it was from a call... I guess I could goto the PO and ask them to give me a document stating so. but they absolutely will NOT tell me where the "package" went because it wasn't my address.

I don't argue with vendors anymore, file a BBB complaint and dispute to CC company that it's a fraudulent seller and you didn't receive the product. Large companies have resolution teams just to address BBB complaints and they want to resolve them. If your CC is legit, they take your word especially if you don't dispute ever.

it was from a call... I guess I could goto the PO and ask them to give me a document stating so. but they absolutely will NOT tell me where the "package" went because it wasn't my address.

Did you have them ship to a different address than what you have listed on eBay?

I resolved a Pay Pal issue this week that was 8 years old. Got bored and wanted to see if I could work it out. I found a number on the site, but I had to dig deep. If you use the help desk number, it's an endless loop putting you back to on line pages.

I will see if I can dig out the number.

This is the PP number I used. Had a half hour discussion with a very helpful CSR. of course, she wasn't from around here.

402-935-7733

Back
Top Bottom