• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scope Recommendation

I wonder if they do vehicle trade ins for one.
YEAH RIGHT! That scope is 1000 dollars more than I paid for my 2004 GMC Sierra, four-wheel drive with the camper shell, with 42,000 miles on it. I believe I'd have to buy another GMC 4 wheel drive before I buy an $8,000 scope. I would have to do a 1500 to 2000 dollar Night Force and call it good.

That’s number 1. Talking with him this is the way he’s leaning in order.

1. NF NX8 (2.5x20 model though)
2. EOTech 5-25
3. GENII Razor
4. Bushnell XRSIII or DMRIII
5. PA platinum
6. Athlon Cronus

The 2.5-20x is barely smaller/lighter/less expensive than the 4-32x. I’ve owned both, had them side by side, and I won’t own a 2.5-20x anymore, except for maybe on a hunting rifle where I want the “small” bottom end.

Hows glass quality with the larger mag range?

Same scope line, same glass.

I’ve run the NX8 4-32x50mm’s out past 1400yds so far. I’ve had no issues with glass quality.

I can dial my 4-32x down to 20x, but you can’t dial the 2.5-20x up to 32x. It’s nice to have the available power on tap, even if you don’t always use it.

Same scope line, same glass.

I’ve run the NX8 4-32x50mm’s out past 1400yds so far. I’ve had no issues with glass quality.

I can dial my 4-32x down to 20x, but you can’t dial the 2.5-20x up to 32x. It’s nice to have the available power on tap, even if you don’t always use it.

Good point…my XRSII goes up to 30x and I already like that more than the 21x on my DMRII.

So I’ll talk to him about the 4x32. I have the mil discount so I can probably get it for $1850 I think.

2k budget, the Gen 2 razor is tits. If weight is a concern, I'd go the NX8 line. You give up glass quality, elevation adjustment and features such as locking turrets and rev indicators, but it's a lot lighter. If he wants short, and I don't see why with that rifle setup, I'd go EOTech Vudu 5-25.

Back
Top Bottom