• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seizures

sorry that's still happening. Prayers that the Dr's or You will figure it out and get you squared away.
Thank you brother ! Much appreciated :)
Yeah I was telling the wifey that I think we need to try a different doc…..just to see what they say. This one is cool and all, I don’t have any problems with him or anything but…..I’m still having seizures !! The whole idea is to stop this crap , I thought. I am not blaming him or anything but hey, I was a certified master tech on cars and also had certification on med & hey/duty trucks….I Dont know how to fix it all. I would run into crap all the time that required somebody else’s input . :noidea: Who knows ?

Thank you brother ! Much appreciated :)
Yeah I was telling the wifey that I think we need to try a different doc…..just to see what they say. This one is cool and all, I don’t have any problems with him or anything but…..I’m still having seizures !! The whole idea is to stop this crap , I thought. I am not blaming him or anything but hey, I was a certified master tech on cars and also had certification on med & hey/duty trucks….I Dont know how to fix it all. I would run into crap all the time that required somebody else’s input . :noidea: Who knows ?
my great nephew has them regular for going on 3 years. He's about level 2 1/2 ASD. That might have something to do with it but the Dr can't seem to stop them through meds.

my great nephew has them regular for going on 3 years. He's about level 2 1/2 ASD. That might have something to do with it but the Dr can't seem to stop them through meds.
I feel bad for him. I know this crap isn’t any fun at all.
Now it’s disrupting my everyday activities. Not being able to drive is a BIG deal. I’m stuck here at the house all dang day long unless I get someone to come get me, or call Uber. Just going to the store turns into a pain in the ass - for example.
It’s all new to me as far as the restrictions. So I guess I sound like a little whiney bitch . Lol

Have you given a strict zero carb or extremely low carb diet a chance yet? Not just a bunch of junk either, just clean meats (unprocessed chicken, beef, pork, venison, wild caught fish) olive oil, coconut, avocados. Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus).

And not just for a couple days. Commit to it, and don't cheat.

Just eating clean natural foods with no, or very little carbs has cured many peoples various autoimmune diseases. And the ketogenic diet specifically has been used to treat seizures since the 20's.

It won't be easy to change your habits, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't try.

Getting the body into ketosis is a proven method for treating seizures and won't cost anything. Even if it doesn't eliminate the seizures it will certainly have some health benefits.
This is a good start.
Sounds like it is worth a try. I am guessing I just google it for the plan / instructions on it ? “Keto diet” ?
Just start eating real food. There is a lot of information on the internet. Dont get caught up in low carb alternatives but eat whole foods found on the outer isles of the grocery store. Meat and veggies and avoid sweets and carbs. Its hard but so is sitting at home suffering.

Doctors don't know it all. You're going to have to be your own advocate. Do your own research and try what makes the most sense. Sorry you're stuck at home, but it could be much worse. Just enjoy your time at home the best you can. You know you have whatever support you need both home, family and the ODT

Well, these freaking seizures continue to haunt me ! Over the last week I know I have had several….the ones I don’t remember too. Well, to be truthful, I don’t remember a whole lot …..just what I am told !
This crap is getting old really fast ! I am so fed up with this shtuff , I don’t know what to do . I seem to have episodes, then they level out for a couple of weeks then they come back….the meds don’t really make a difference I don’t think but I still take what they give me.
Frustrated to the max with this…. I just wanted to vent.
Thanks for listening ODT !

Well, these freaking seizures continue to haunt me ! Over the last week I know I have had several….the ones I don’t remember too. Well, to be truthful, I don’t remember a whole lot …..just what I am told !
This crap is getting old really fast ! I am so fed up with this shtuff , I don’t know what to do . I seem to have episodes, then they level out for a couple of weeks then they come back….the meds don’t really make a difference I don’t think but I still take what they give me.
Praying for you. Hope these pass soon.

Refresh our memories, when did they start, and did anything change around the time of start such as new home, new meds, exposure to certain environmental substances, different diet, recent injuries, etc.

Sorry to hear this brother! Hang in there and keep relying on God's Word. I pray that you will be healed to the glory of God through Jesus our Lord, Amen

Back
Top Bottom