• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sell your AR you have been holding

THis argument is like bike guys, of which I am one, arguing about specs...

This bike makes 214hp so it's faster than the one "only" making 209hp...

Unless you are Valentino Rossi on racing slicks on a race track, you will never see the difference. Both are so beyond the average rider to exploit the potential of, that in your or my hands, they are identical... It will come down to price, color, or how one bike fits you better than the other...

Anyone familiar with Wolf Pen Gap in Suches? Tight twisty road... The 200hp literbikes are not any faster than a 110hp 600cc bike... Whatever extra performance potential you think there is, doesn't matter on that road. It's gonna come down to handling and rider skill... That one is so much "faster" on paper, won't matter a bit...

This AR15 argument, reminds me of "bench racers" arguing specs on bikes... It all depends on what, where and how you intent to use it... If you are on tight, twisty technical roads, you are better off on a motard or mid-size bike... If you are on a large race track with long straights, get the 1000cc superbike...

Buying an AR15 for home defense, plinking, and just because you want one for fear they might be banned... for what 99% of the owners use them for... a $500 entry level Ruger or S&W will be just fine... give you many years and many many thousands of rounds of reliable use... If you want to drop $2500 for a factory Noveske, go for it!

But to pretend that what 99% of us will use it for, can't be done on a $500-$800 Ruger, Springfield or even a PSA, is just plain silly... Buy what you want...

I have had a gun I absolutely hated. Everything that could go wrong did. It was a semi auto Ruger in 9mm. It would constantly jam and was a total POS. Made me rethink all my rugers.... until the range master showed me that I was holding it wrong.... no more failures after that. That taught me to always examine the entire situation before committing an opinion....it wasn't the pistol or the ammo... it was me. (I was 21 so cut me a break. Lol)

I have had a gun I absolutely hated. Everything that could go wrong did. It was a semi auto Ruger in 9mm. It would constantly jam and was a total POS. Made me rethink all my rugers.... until the range master showed me that I was holding it wrong.... no more failures after that. That taught me to always examine the entire situation before committing an opinion....it wasn't the pistol or the ammo... it was me. (I was 21 so cut me a break. Lol)

My G36 wasn't how I was shooting it... Kept having FTE's... Didn't matter how many people I let shoot it, we all had the same issue, all ammo we tried...

When I went over to Glock, I didn't show them the gun at first... I just told him the issues, and he KNEW it was the model 36 based on the issues... I laughed and told him as I handed it over and showed him, that his knowing what model I had, told me all I needed to know... they were issues that others with that model were complaining about...

Stuff happens, these are mechanical devices and and a certain percentage of them will slip through the cracks...

giphy.gif

Yall can sail your AR's if you believe a few extra bucks are worth it. I'm looking to possibly buy a couple more. Sailing isn't a consideration. Especially right now.

Oh yeah I'm just saying on that particular one it was me and that it taught me to check everything before hating something, ya know?

Agreed. Taurus had some issues with their older Millennium pistols... But the new ones are fantastic...

I have always had good luck with their revolvers, and the reviews of the new G2/G3 series has been almost universally positive, glowing, even...

But I have found gun owners to be stubborn folk{gasp!} and not quick to forgive in a lot of cases...

How long did people hold a grudge against S&W over the Sigma, for copying a Glock? That pistol... people LOVED to hate on, and the reality was that it was a very ergonomic, and reliable and at a great price that most people could afford...

We gun owners... we can be dicks at times... lol

Agreed. Taurus had some issues with their older Millennium pistols... But the new ones are fantastic...

I have always had good luck with their revolvers, and the reviews of the new G2/G3 series has been almost universally positive, glowing, even...

But I have found gun owners to be stubborn folk{gasp!} and not quick to forgive in a lot of cases...

How long did people hold a grudge against S&W over the Sigma, for copying a Glock? That pistol... people LOVED to hate on, and the reality was that it was a very ergonomic, and reliable and at a great price that most people could afford...

We gun owners... we can be dicks at times... lol

True dat! Not very forgiving at all. My rossi 6" that I love so much has a recall on it.... but I'm not sending it in because they dont employ gunsmiths so I'd end up getting a check for it. Plus its because it could fire with the hammer lock engaged... I dont use the hammer lock lol.

But yeah I've carried the millenials and loved them. Current edc is a G19 but I switch it up between revolvers and other semis.

Only thing i hated about the Sigma was the trigger, hated it until I got a better one put on.

True dat! Not very forgiving at all. My rossi 6" that I love so much has a recall on it.... but I'm not sending it in because they dont employ gunsmiths so I'd end up getting a check for it. Plus its because it could fire with the hammer lock engaged... I dont use the hammer lock lol.

But yeah I've carried the millenials and loved them. Current edc is a G19 but I switch it up between revolvers and other semis.

Only thing i hated about the Sigma was the trigger, hated it until I got a better one put on.

Agree on the Sigma trigger, but for the average Joe that buys it for the nightstand or going to the range once in awhile, it's fine. It will go bang.

Back
Top Bottom