• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling a Machinegun Before Taking Form-4 Ownership???

So if its not on form 3 I could sell it while my dealer is in possession?

You'll need to talk to your dealer about it since they may charge for the time it sits as a transfer, but you have legal ownership of it once you pay for it, just not possessory rights. Therefore you can sell the item if your dealer i willing to hold onto it for the time.

You'll need to talk to your dealer about it since they may charge for the time it sits as a transfer, but you have legal ownership of it once you pay for it, just not possessory rights. Therefore you can sell the item if your dealer i willing to hold onto it for the time.

Interesting! I did not think about it in that way (ownership vs possession rights). Thanks!

I just bought my registered micro uzi for 7k...just saying. They are rare, but hard to price accurately due to scarcity. If I can get 16k, ill be selling it the day my stamp comes in. As far as a plane, had you thought about a helicopter? A little more to learn as far a maintenance, but more versatile, and robinsons are getting cheap now. We had twin engine cessna growing up, and as far as I can remember, it was also very reliable and cheap to maintain.

Micro for 7k? Thats crazy! I saw a horrific looking beat up one with a home made, welded on stock sell for 14k two months ago. If you have one semi decent, with a folding stock, you can get 16k all day long.

I looked up helicopters, but they are super expensive. Unless you get one of those tadpole/sperm looking ones, they are out of my price range. God those tadpole ones look horrendous.

FAA rules on choppers make you replace blades after so many hours. Props last lots longer. If you get a plane get one with the emergency parachute. Press a button, float down nice and easy.

FAA rules on choppers make you replace blades after so many hours. Props last lots longer. If you get a plane get one with the emergency parachute. Press a button, float down nice and easy.

From what I have read, I'm pretty sure a Cub can glide down in the case of engine failure. They have a stall speed of under 40 knots. Now having a place to land in the situation is another story.

So, a new idea came to me today. Sell my newest machine gun purchase, become a sport pilot for 5k, and buy a bush plane (Piper Cub) for 50-60k. I'm buying 20-50acres in north GA within the year. I also have an small airport 2miles away, where I can hanger the Cub. I am making a 200+ yard shooting range on the property, so now I' thinking of doubling up the purpose of the shooting range and making it a landing strip as well. It would be a pretty good plan if SHTF as well as transport and fun.
/QUOTE]

Wait. I thought you wanted to JUMP from a plane, not fly one.

I'm confused. :-/

Back
Top Bottom