• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling my AR to just anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a sticky.
ewww-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-573.gif

Wait, maybe that doesn't mean what I think it means...

My sense of humor is canted.
I like the multi level ambiguous humor.
The picture reminded me of the scene along with the "less lethal" knife (no bos needed) mixed with the not sure if serious badass.

Just some quick feedback. I've got a ChristensenArms CA-10 Recon for sale. I had a guy interested and he wanted to go this week. We established locations, etc. No problem so far.

My question would be opinions on selling and confirming to whom you are selling. I believe Georgia is an open sale, do as you please State, but I'm more interested in covering my own backside. Apparently asking if the buyer had a Carry Permit (for background check considerations-problem solved), Bill of Sale (love the idea of a paper trail) or meeting at a local shop to transfer (again, disconnecting me from the ownership of the rifle) are considered bad form? My buyer ghosted on me and failed to reply. And I bumped the conversation in case the earlier post was missed....

Personally, I'm not going to do the "here's the cash, here's the gun", like it's a freaking drug deal. I understand some people shy away from the registering and such and that's fine with me. Is that the normal thing to expect as I try to sell my weapon here? Is everyone going to react in the same fashion? Just wanting to know if I just need to pull the ad down.
Most people aren't interested in a bill of sale, I used to ask for them and do them but realized they I didn't really want to give my address out to random people ODT or not (or say the person looses the BoS, now a random person. I'd still do one without address for a really good deal, but it's a turn off.

Not everyone has a GWL so that will eliminate some buyers. But in the end it's up to you and how bad you want to sell something.

Thx JDS556762. Exactly my point and appreciate you're input.

Alot of folks on here seem to have alot of time to just try and bust peoples chops and start ****. And these are the same guys I'm trying to sell my rifle too......I think not. You've helped me make my decision.
I just hope you enjoy your rifle.

You've been a member here 4 years and still have all zero's in transactions ???...........How did that happen ? Are you scaring people off ?
Addition to my above comment: If your so paranoid with selling on here (ODT) maybe you should consider putting your firearm on consignment with a gun shop, let them handle it, that would get you completely off the hook if/when it sold, then you can retain all the zero's in your trading status on here for another 4 years. Problem solved :thumb:

Addition to my above comment: If your so paranoid with selling on here (ODT) maybe you should consider putting your firearm on consignment with a gun shop, let them handle it, that would get you completely off the hook if/when it sold, then you can retain all the zero's in your trading status on here for another 4 years.
If it sells lol, that buyer he ran off was probably the one guy on here looking for that rifle with the cash to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom