• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious Question About Gunbroker . . .

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
I am considering selling a couple of guns, as well as other items, on Gunbroker.
I know their costs and rules.
I have purchased items on there before but never sold anything.
I know firearms have to go through an FFL.
I would like to know your experiences, good or bad.
Any problems with a buyer?
I suppose a postal money order would be the best form of payment?
Any suggestions?

I’ve never had a problem, sold on there years ago. I haven’t sold anything there in the last few years, but it’s a solid platform. As long as you get your $, then use an FFL to ship, you should be good. Take into consideration the cost of shipping, FFL and gunbrokers cut when setting your minimum bid. It adds up!

I have had two experiences with selling. Both were successful but the buyers are sketchy at best. Both guys I delt with were flakes. I got good money for both items. A lot more and a lot quicker than I expected both times. Both items sold at " Buy It Now " price and almost overnight. it's just hassle to register to sell an item. All sorts of hoop. You have to give them a credit card number, there is a verification process and all kinds of horse manure. By the time it was all said and done I had to pay them almost 200 per gun. So go in expecting to pay out the kiester for the right to sell on there site.

I have had two experiences with selling. Both were successful but the buyers are sketchy at best. Both guys I delt with were flakes. I got good money for both items. A lot more and a lot quicker than I expected both times. Both items sold at " Buy It Now " price and almost overnight. it's just hassle to register to sell an item. All sorts of hoop. You have to give them a credit card number, there is a verification process and all kinds of horse manure. By the time it was all said and done I had to pay them almost 200 per gun. So go in expecting to pay out the kiester for the right to sell on there site.
Damn ! $200+- per gun ??! NO WONDER THEY ARE DOING GOOD ON THAT SITE !

Everything I sold had to be sent to an FFL They’ll need a copy of your DL/ID, which scares off some.

Had an original No 4 MK 1 (T) enfield sniper rifle from late WW2 that sold on there much more quickly and for more money than I expected. That might’ve been pre-ODT.

No problems here. I got paid in USPS money orders, or certified checks. Didn’t ship till after the $ was verified in my account IIRC.

I have been buying and selling on GB for years. Never been a problem. Never been scammed. They have fees for selling just like Ebay, it is a percentage of the selling price. There are no fees if item doesn't sell unless you upgraded your listing. Just make sure you have the money in your hand or bank account before you ship anything. Make sure they know the FFL will have to accept from a non-licensee. Most will but some don't.

I do really well selling on Gunbroker for guns that are no longer in production or being imported.

If what you're selling is readily available in the online market or local gun stores you won't get much for it on Gunbroker, especially after fees.

But things like old JM stamped marlins, pre locked smiths, anything that used to be imported or collectable will do well. Much better than ODT.

But... Starting a brand new account and not taking credit cards is going to hurt your sell. Buyers who pay top dollar like to deal with sellers with good feedback and using Gunbrokers check out system so they have more protection.

As far as FFL's go. You can ship the guns yourself to any FFL in the country, but many FFL's have a silly policy where they don't shipments from individuals, so it will depend on what FFL the buyer chooses to use.

I am considering selling a couple of guns, as well as other items, on Gunbroker.
I know their costs and rules.
I have purchased items on there before but never sold anything.
I know firearms have to go through an FFL.
I would like to know your experiences, good or bad.
Any problems with a buyer?
I suppose a postal money order would be the best form of payment?
Any suggestions?
Same situation for me.

I'm setup to sell there but haven't yet. So in for more info.

I've sold several guns over the years without any problems. As people say know the fees up front get a USPS mo as payment and don't ship until you have the cash in hand. I haven't sold anything recently and suspect I won't enjoy the experience if I do nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom