• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious Question About Gunbroker . . .

I've been buying and selling on Gunbroker since Ebay stopped allowing guns on their site. Never had an issue here. I prefer to accept money orders, personal checks and cashiers checks due to no cc fees. Some buyers will even send cash.

I am considering selling a couple of guns, as well as other items, on Gunbroker.
I know their costs and rules.
I have purchased items on there before but never sold anything.
I know firearms have to go through an FFL.
I would like to know your experiences, good or bad.
Any problems with a buyer?
I suppose a postal money order would be the best form of payment?
Any suggestions?
Never sold anything on GB but bought a good bit. If you take money orders I suggest USPS only and have them sent with tracking info.
My only problem with GB is sellers throwing a low or no reserve auction out there and then charging $50.00 to ship a handgun and worse for long guns.

I've been buying and selling on Gunbroker since Ebay stopped allowing guns on their site. Never had an issue here. I prefer to accept money orders, personal checks and cashiers checks due to no cc fees. Some buyers will even send cash.

I remember those days, ebay used to be a wild, free place. Now you can't even descretely sell ar/ak items without getting a 7 day suspension.

I buy a good bit from there and I use it from time to time to move a few guns. Usually just for something less common. A quality Hardware M1 for instance I had listed on ODT for 1200 sold on GB for over 1800. Another rare 1911 I had here for 1100 sold for 1600 on gunbroker. Like someone said any common gun would do just as well here. But if old or more rare you can get more there and move it easier which can cover those extra fees. The calculator below will give you an idea of what the fees are. Please take into account you would also have shipping costs involved.

You were fortunate.
I don't think I want to take personal checks and as I understand it cashiers checks are easily forged.

I remember those days, ebay used to be a wild, free place. Now you can't even descretely sell ar/ak items without getting a 7 day suspension.
I have bought random parts on eBay like sling swivels, pistol grips etc. But I recently finally figured out that it's all but useless to look for mags on eBay because they're ALL gonna be ten rounds or less.

I remember when you could buy elephant tusks on eBay....there were several near 100lb each sets....never had the money to buy...BUT you can wish

Back
Top Bottom