• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious Question About Gunbroker . . .

A lot of individuals who do occasional sales use USPS Money Orders. Once you've cashed them, THEN you can send the goods. The risk is very low.
In fact, I just had a GB vendor call me and say he'd cashed one I sent on Monday and the Mk4 No. II is on the way. he had to identify himself to cash the MO. It really is about as protected as one can get.

Purchase limits
  • The single Domestic money order maximum is $1,000.00 if sending within the United States.
  • For International money orders, the maximum amount varies by country, but cannot exceed $700.00.
  • Multiple money orders may be purchased during the same visit (no daily limit).
  • If you purchase more than $3,000.00 in money orders, you are required to complete a special form and produce acceptable ID.
so...lets say you sold a 10k firearm....you now have 10 1k money orders....how many post offices are going to have 10k in dough to cash your money orders, or do you drive around town, to different P.O.'s till your cashed out???

Purchase limits
  • The single Domestic money order maximum is $1,000.00 if sending within the United States.
  • For International money orders, the maximum amount varies by country, but cannot exceed $700.00.
  • Multiple money orders may be purchased during the same visit (no daily limit).
  • If you purchase more than $3,000.00 in money orders, you are required to complete a special form and produce acceptable ID.
so...lets say you sold a 10k firearm....you now have 10 1k money orders....how many post offices are going to have 10k in dough to cash your money orders, or do you drive around town, to different P.O.'s till your cashed out???

It's an issue that us poors who trade in cheap sub-grand garbage don't have to worry ourselves about.

I have bought random parts on eBay like sling swivels, pistol grips etc. But I recently finally figured out that it's all but useless to look for mags on eBay because they're ALL gonna be ten rounds or less.

Not from what I see. There are a lot (especially from Joe's Pawn, or something like that in AL) that advertise 10 round, but clear as mud they are from 11-15.

Easy to use and great place for hard to find items.

Shipping long guns is better to do yourself

Shipping pistols is cheaper through an FFL if they don’t upcharge you to much. They can ship through the postal service vs you shipping air mail.

If you want to ship yourself make sure you list that in your ad so if the buyers FFL has an issue you can leave them buyer feedback on it and get your listing fees back.

Easy to use and great place for hard to find items.

Shipping long guns is better to do yourself

Shipping pistols is cheaper through an FFL if they don’t upcharge you to much. They can ship through the postal service vs you shipping air mail.

If you want to ship yourself make sure you list that in your ad so if the buyers FFL has an issue you can leave them buyer feedback on it and get your listing fees back.
Thanks.
I don't think that I will have a long gun to sell. I have already sold most of the ones that I have to get rid of to friends without listing them. Eight guns in the last two weeks.
I do have one pistol, maybe two. Probably go through QuietRiot.
I do however have some other non firearm items.
Just have to see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom