• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ship stripped lower?

Me being paranoid I wouldn't ship a lower... just me, I'm certain you could probably get away with it using creative packaging ;) and in state it may not be an issue at all... but better safe than sorry, what if it got lost in the mail or in the wrong hands... just too risky.

Here's a good one, a few years ago sold one to a GA resident from Ethiopia who had his citizenship for years and was a good guy, it was nothing special just a 9mm. I'd see him from time to time and ask him if he ever shot it and he would always say no he just likes to keep it and it isn't even loaded.

A few years went buy and I asked him again one day in passing, he was an older gentleman. He told me his brother was having problems with people stealing his sheep in Ethiopia and he sent it to him in the mail and his brother got it and carries it everywhere in the field when tending his sheep... Across state lines nothing about across COUNTRY BORDERS! I just shook my head...
I hope you got a bill of sale for when that sheep herder decides to lead a coup and tries to overthrow his government. ...if he succeeds maybe he'll hire you on as a warlord.

It's not illegal to ship a pistol either unless I'm misunderstanding something. USP or FedEx might not do it for you, but that doesn't make it illegal.

It is illegal to ship a pistol as the OP questioned; from one non-FFL person to another non-FFL person.

There are several legal methods of shipping a pistol, but the method the OP is asking about is NOT one of them.

It is illegal to ship a pistol as the OP questioned; from one non-FFL person to another non-FFL person.

There are several legal methods of shipping a pistol, but the method the OP is asking about is NOT one of them.

I don't think the OP meant can he drop it in his mailbox and ship it off. I think he's asking if he can legally ship without an FFL. If you'll see Post 8, I believe the answer is yes. I've never done it and I'm not trying to argue, but if you could get UPS or Fed-Ex to do it it it would be legal unless I'm missing something.

Yes, a non-FFL can ship a pistol interstate, but the recipient has to be an FFL.

Intrastate shipping of a pistol, I'm a little fuzzy on.

Back
Top Bottom