Shoot Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question......... did Marketableranger's vehicle take any hits other than from his own weapon?

Luke

Are you working on your Jr. DA's badge for the Boy Scouts?

It sounds like it was a good shoot. The only thing I'd critique MR on is the postings on FB etc. Personally I'd wait a while to make sure everything is good 100% before going all over the .www with pics etc.

He said that no offensive shots hit his vehicle; he assumed the first shot connected but realized his foe was still in the fight when the foe fired upon him. He returned fire through his windshield upon being fired upon.

Ram, as I said in my first post it is easy to sit in the comfort of home and say what you would or would not do. I am glad that he is alive, and more over I am glad that I am not him. As I mentioned before, I have a friend that spent over ten grand to prove that his shooting a man was justified. I have written a check to lawyer for ten grand to retain him to prove a shooting was justified. Actually, it was two $5000 checks to two different lawyers, because sometimes, two is better than one. In my case it was more cut and dry....... I would hate to face a prosecutor with all the variables that he has.

For those that say that had rather be judged by 12, than carried by six.............. I say they have never had their choices dissected and questioned at the risk of 25 years to life in prison or the risk of loosing all they own...

If you are threatened you have to react, but you had better be concerned about how it will look to the public. Twentyfive years of your life may depend on it.

Luke

It sounds like it was a good shoot. The only thing I'd critique MR on is the postings on FB etc. Personally I'd wait a while to make sure everything is good 100% before going all over the .www with pics etc.

No Matt, just curious. I've seen too many people that were doing the right thing get charged. As I said, I would hate to have to defend his position if the other driver took a hit, and there are no witnesses to prove Marketableranger's story. There is enough questionable behavior here to get a DA's attention.

Luke

Shooting through the windshield is a tactic taught to those that find themselves under attack in a vehicle. Not overkill. He was taking fire.

No he was not taking fire according to him. The "aggressor did not fire until "retreat". He (the "victim"), fired first according to his statement that he felt the need to post. He saw a gun at night though the other guys deeply tinted windows and fired first. He never did specify if the guy brandished this firearm or if the firearm was pointed at him, he just said saw a "1911 weapon" and he opened fire.

No he was not taking fire according to him. The "aggressor did not fire until "retreat". He (the "victim"), fired first according to his statement that he felt the need to post. He saw a gun at night though the other guys deeply tinted windows and fired first. He never did specify if the guy brandished this firearm or if the firearm was pointed at him, he just said saw a "1911 weapon" and he opened fire.

I am glad that I am not the only one that finds this questionable. Sounds to me like the "aggressor" at worse may have waved a firearm at Marketableranger as he passed him to the right. Marketableranger, fired through the passenger side window and follow through with shots through the passenger side windshield. The thing that I don't understand is why the aggressor didn't brake to gain a better vantage point on Marketableranger (if it was his intention to shoot him), but rather he continued to speed off and only fired after taking fire, but there is no evidence that he ever fired...... hummmmm

Luke

Makes my bunghole draw up just reading this thread.

World's plum full of crazy!

Off topic a bit, but I was once knew a woman. She appeared to take kindness as a sign of weakness.
Appeared to anyway? Seems the better I treated her the meaner she'd get. My point being, there's folks
in this world that no matter what action you take, you're fornicated. It ain't gonna make no difference to them. You're
gonna end up in a brawl or worse!

Back to topic, I'm glad it wasn't any worse!

Chuckdawg,

You wouldn't have been married to her at the time would you? Inquiring minds you know....

MMatt30 you obviously didn't read the statement made clearly. Besides if you are willing to post up something on the WWW then you better be willing to deal with the criticism. More so when 1+1 isn't equaling 2. For instance how do you move over to let someone pass (typically this involved merging right), get forced over onto the shoulder (again we are moving right) and end up shooting out the passenger side of you're car like in this situation? Was the badguy's car in a ditch? Also I don't know about you, but even with 20/20 vision I can not see into "deeply tinted windows" at night, so if someone pulled a "1911 weapon" I wouldn't see it. Also we never did learn if the weapon was brandished, pointed or what exactly happened there other than the shooter claims to have saw a weapon and opened fire. I am not trying to monday morning quarter back here it is just that there seems to be more to the story than we are getting.

Last edited:
If you are threatened you have to react Luke

I read what you said and I am listening but this^ made the most sense. Sorry no offense. No one knows until it happens. There are times a man must make hard choices and hopefully the right choice when fractions of seconds count... Hopefully we all understand the ROE (rules of engagement) as it will save your bottom from jail time.

Last edited:
No one knows until it happens. There are times a man must make hard choices and hopefully the right choice when fractions of seconds count... Hopefully we all understand tha ROE (rules of engagement) as it will save your bottom from jail time.

I can get on board with all of this.

I read what you said and I am listening but this^ made the most sense. Sorry no offense. No one knows until it happens. There are times a man must make hard choices and hopefully the right choice when fractions of seconds count... Hopefully we all understand tha ROE (rules of engagement) as it will save your bottom from jail time.

I wonder how the ROE will come into play when both parties fear for their life?

In my heart, I believe the best thing that could happen is that the "aggressor" went on home with his asshole drawn up and never mentioned the incident to anyone, because if he was smart enough to call and make a report and has evidence of rounds hitting his truck and denies that he had a weapon........ it could be nasty. If he is a law abiding citizen with no record, it could still be nasty......

Luke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom