Shoot Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I bet a couple rounds shot inside of a car will make your ears ring for sure. Glad your ok. There prob would of been 15 holes in my window lol

MMatt30 you obviously didn't read the statement made clearly. Besides if you are willing to post up something on the WWW then you better be willing to deal with the criticism. More so when 1+1 isn't equaling 2. For instance how do you move over to let someone pass (typically this involved merging right), get forced over onto the shoulder (again we are moving right) and end up shooting out the passenger side of you're car like in this situation? Was the badguy's car in a ditch? Also I don't know about you, but even with 20/20 vision I can not see into "deeply tinted windows" at night, so if someone pulled a "1911 weapon" I wouldn't see it. Also we never did learn if the weapon was brandished, pointed or what exactly happened there other than the shooter claims to have saw a weapon and opened fire. I am not trying to monday morning quarter back here it is just that there seems to be more to the story than we are getting.

But he did see it and felt a lethal threat existed. He was that close. Do you get it, less than 6 feet? Even the investigating officer said he would have done the same. For those of us who have risked our own personal safety in the performance of our duties (LEO/Military/Security/Government Squirrels) have known or heard or worse seen a good man down due to failure to react quickly and appropriately. The only response to a lethal threat is a measured lethal one. The key elements of the story have been provided. There is no cover up or misrepresentation of the facts.

However, continue on and pass the tin foil.

MMatt30 you obviously didn't read the statement made clearly. Besides if you are willing to post up something on the WWW then you better be willing to deal with the criticism. More so when 1+1 isn't equaling 2. For instance how do you move over to let someone pass (typically this involved merging right), get forced over onto the shoulder (again we are moving right) and end up shooting out the passenger side of you're car like in this situation? Was the badguy's car in a ditch? Also I don't know about you, but even with 20/20 vision I can not see into "deeply tinted windows" at night, so if someone pulled a "1911 weapon" I wouldn't see it. Also we never did learn if the weapon was brandished, pointed or what exactly happened there other than the shooter claims to have saw a weapon and opened fire. I am not trying to monday morning quarter back here it is just that there seems to be more to the story than we are getting.

These are some of the exact things that concerned me about the story. Again i was not there, but i would be worried of a da picking this guys story apart. Alot of instances like this have ended up with the 'victim' being the one on the chopping block and not the aggressor.

However, continue on and pass the tin foil.

Very well.
[Broken External Image]:

This is the ammo and his reply:

Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection 147gr bonded jacketed hollow point...they let me down! Thank you,

http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23619

http://www.speer-ammo.com/products/gold_dot_prsnl.aspx

And his sig line:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. - Thomas Jefferson

I am suspect of his use of the 147gr Speer GD JHP and got the jacket separation he described in his statement. I also did not see the separated jackets he described in the photos even though he said he experienced jacket separation in all three shots fired though though front windshield. I do believe that the rounds (whatever they were), were deflected as this is pretty common. The jacket separation though, with Speer Gold dots however is rare especially three for three. I would be calling Speer with my lot number. http://www.brassfetcher.com/Speer 124gr +P Gold Dot versus automobile windshield and gelatin.html

Since questions are being answered and we have both you and the alleged victim here I have some other questions because there are some things that I am unclear about if you don't mind answering. My questions are in red.

While traveling to Augusta my friend had a vehicle come up on him at night and tail gate him when safe to do so he changed lanes to allow the faster car passage. Then why do the passenger window and passenger side of the windshield have bullet holes in them? Typically when you allow a car to pass you merge right and the faster car passes on the left, not the right.Traffic restricted movement and two vehicles were close to each other. So are there any witnesses?The faster driver swerved and forced my friend onto the shoulder at highway speeds. Okay Then the faster car pulled very close up next to my friend, slowed down and despite the heavy tinted windows he saw the faster driver pull a 1911 weapon. So here we are again, if you merged to allow the faster car passage as you claim and then he forced you on to the shoulder how is it he came to be on the passenger side of you're vehicle? My friend immediately responded with a single round fired through his window from his full size 9mm loaded with premium self-defense ammo.Haven't you ever seen those trinket cigarette lighters? I am not saying that is what it was but it was night time, and through tinted windows you saw a 1911 "weapon" you have amazing eye sight. Also I would like to point out the premium self defense ammo was premium in every way except being bonded. Just saying. Though I would like to know what type of rounds 9mm rounds these were.

"I’m pretty sure I hit him with the first round, but it probably lost so much momentum going through the glass that it was no longer lethal. It probably fragmented, too. If the first round was the one fired though the passenger window, no that round would have been plenty lethal and I promise you the round didn't fragment, you probably just missed. Which is fortunate for you. The safety glass in passenger windows is not as thick as front windshields bullets pass rather easily and rounds, even 9mm's bust though with ease. It obviously didn’t kill him. It didn’t even incapacitate him because he fired back at me at least 4 times during his hasty retreat. The desired effect was not attained." Clearly and again this seems to be fortunate for you.

"I don’t think the last 3 rounds got through my windshield, either, and I know the copper jackets didn’t. They’re resting on and lodged in my dashboard. The lead cores may have penetrated, but if they did, they certainly weren’t on the trajectory that I sent them on and they were not lethal." Bonded rounds, even in .45. I also clearly see the rounds made it out of the windshield.

"Thank God gang bangers can’t shoot not even at ranges less than six feet Six feet, I keep reading this. How wide is you're car and how close was his car to you're car? Why did you stop?. I’m fine, but shaken. He didn’t even hit my car. The police still haven’t found my assailant and it’s not likely that they will." It seems to me you think you hit him, multiple times, if so he will wash up in a local hospital. I would like to see the police report to see any .45 cal casings were ever recovered.

Here are some pics. All the shots are originating from inside the vehicle focused at the attacker. Lastly from the time of the 911 call to police arrival, nearly 30 minutes.

i44.tinypic.com_dcugso.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_2zoi6ad.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_n5o5tw.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_5z2t6s.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I bet a couple rounds shot inside of a car will make your ears ring for sure. Glad your ok. There prob would of been 15 holes in my window lol

Actually not necessarily.
When in classes sometimes our ears will ring even when we were wearing earmuffs. However,
often during violent life or death situations a person will experience visual & ocular exclusion.... also known as tunnel vision.
It seems to affect people differently.... some people are affected, some people are not.
It's an interesting phenomenon.

Last edited:
Actually not necessarily.
When in classes sometimes our ears will ring even when we were wearing earmuffs. However,
often during violent life or death situations a person will experience visual & ocular exclusion.... also known as tunnel vision.
It seems to affect people differently.... some people are affected, some people are not.
It's an interesting phenomenon.

So adrenalin can make you deaf as well as dumb?

;)

Very well.
[Broken External Image]:

I am suspect of his use of the 147gr Speer GD JHP and got the jacket separation he described in his statement. I also did not see the separated jackets he described in the photos even though he said he experienced jacket separation in all three shots fired though though front windshield. I do believe that the rounds (whatever they were), were deflected as this is pretty common. The jacket separation though, with Speer Gold dots however is rare especially three for three. I would be calling Speer with my lot number. http://www.brassfetcher.com/Speer 124gr +P Gold Dot versus automobile windshield and gelatin.html

Since questions are being answered and we have both you and the alleged victim here I have some other questions because there are some things that I am unclear about if you don't mind answering. My questions are in red.

Love the hat man. Love it ;)

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom