• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shot a doe to honor an old friend.

I got two rifles when my father in law passed. I since passed one to my son and still have the marlin 35. I have not ever had a friend pass one on , that’s got to be really special and your story is a touching one

Very cool.
Nothing is more honorable than receiving a rifle from someone who had used it honorably for years.
The fact that it was his first rifle ever is even more special to take a deer with it.

That old girl still got what it takes.

Nothing better than having family heirlooms. I have 2 Parker SxS 12g that were my great Grandfathers, 2 S&W revolvers and a Colt .45 that were my Grandfathers, and my Dad's .22 bolt action. They will be passed down to someone in my family one day.

One of the few things I got from my dad was his 30/30. Honestly I dont know if he ever shot a deer with the gun. Daddy wasnt much of a hunter but he let us hunt at the farm. This is the gun that Daddy carried the first time he took me. This is the gun that my step brother shot his first deer with. This is the gun I carried for miles and miles once I began to hunt on my own. I have not shot it in a few years but as soon as I find a couple of boxes of bullets Im going to take it out and take a doe to harvest so that my Daddy can contribute to providing for his family and we can smile everytime we eat a bowl of chili or a plate of cube steak.

Back
Top Bottom