• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should I be skeered of Florida used cars?

I drove cars and trucks in S FL for more than 20 years. Never had any problem with rust.

Same here, I lived down in the most southern most part by Naples(next to the everglades), & I never had to deal with any rust on any cars or knew anyone that had issues(other than Dodges, but they always seem to rust once the clear coat go's). Only time you may have any amount of salt that will bother even the hoses is if you live right next to the ocean. I lived 3 miles from it and never had issues on any vehicles, even the rubber was fine. The high humidity helped keep the rubber from drying out if anything. Only a condo car on the coast would most likely have problems with that, but not rust.

It would have to be a truck that boat launched a lot and never washed off that would have any rust issues that would worry me. Heck, sometimes I even look up cars on craigslist next to family down there since I know they would be better than what we have up here. No hill's to climb or cold winters to start in to wear the engine down quicker. As long as it was taken care of & not run hard, I'd be fine with a Florida car.

My in-laws live in south Florida, own several collector cars and only have a single carport. He has told me many times that only cars three miles or closer to the ocean have issues with corrosion. He lives around 10 miles from the water and his 96 Impala SS is pristine, rust free, and stored outdoors with a cloth cover over it. He's won his class at many Impala club car shows, and the undercarriage is thoroughly inspected at these events.

I wish cars didn’t have so many electronics these days.

If that damn thing has ever been in water deep enough to come in the doors, t is scrap.

Might take a lot of money to figure out that it’s scrap, but it is.

Back
Top Bottom