Shoulder pain from reloading.

Progressive loading will cut the pulls down by 3 or 4 per round. The Dillon may be a better press, but you can load some fine ammo with a Hornady for reasonable startup costs.

As cheap as 9 and .223 are currently, I just order it. Big bore straight wall and bottleneck rifle is all that makes sense to me at this time. Of course, if I were shooting .223 at the National Matches it would be an entirely different proposition.

Also be sure your press is solidly anchored and doesn't move AT ALL when you crank; I had difficulty with bottleneck cases in the past that turned out to be flex in the mounting of my press. Also make sure your press is using a cam mechanism to give you added leverage. I'm not familiar with your specific press, but I can tell you about the differences between an RCBS Reloader Special and a Rock Chucker in terms of leverage!

I loaded 1000's of rounds on a RS special, and a Rockchucker. Neither approach my Lock and Load progressive in mechanical advantage, but for consistency in rifle rounds, the Rockchucker is where it's at.

I find myself revisiting this thread. I loaded 450 rounds this weekend because it was raining and I needed a break from Hallmark movies. Im trying to decide if going to a progressive and if so which one will be the best bang for the buck. I would love to grab a 650 for 9 and 38 but dont know what I will have to sell to make it happen. I only load 9 and 38.

Back
Top Bottom