Sick bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere between paranoia and naivety is reality. Hopefully we all don't wind up too close to the edges at the wrong time/place.

edit.... By the way I just made that up so considered it copywrighted. You may use it as you wish but please send royalty payment of one .22lr round for each use.

While I am in no way saying I either agree or disagree with the OPs interpretation or reaction I kinda disagree with this quote Dave.

First line of the video is "girl, left alone for a moment while her mother was just a couple aisles away ..."

Where does this video contradict me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a dumb reason to me, but hey, it's a great example to set for your kid.

You were not there so we do not really know if it would have been a dumb reason or not. If this man feels that some perv was displaying inappropriate behavior towards his daughter, who are you to say he wasn't? I don't think he should have pulled a gun. That's psycho. But confronting him and calling him out for his actions doesn't seem dumb to me.

I don't plan on letting it go that far. I never drew, never exposed, but got ready incase he did. By the time my daughter screams, its too late.

^ This

I wasn't going to comment here, but the naivety in some of the comments is quite surprising. Meat, you did the right thing. Just enough to let him know that you would not be an easy target. That chill is not something to be ignored. Only you saw the look on that mans face, and there's no mistaking that look when you see it.

Case in point:
1. I've had jobs in some rough areas where I had to show up very early in the morning. One such morning a ne'er-do-well tried to give me something. I politely refused and went on my way paying very close attention to where he was. When he sped and closely approached, I quickly spun around, lifted my jacket, took a firm grip on my Springfield, and told him that he needed to get lost before he had a very bad day. Now, most people like that are harmless, but I don't want to think that and end up with a knife in my back for one time being wrong.
2. My wife is one of the most modest women you will ever meet, and she dresses accordingly. On our last anniversary trip (5 years on 5/24/13) she wore a little strapless cotton dress that I really like. We're waiting to be seated for lunch, and the hair on my neck stands up. As I casually look behind me, this pervert is staring her down. he sees me and I give him a stern look and shake my head as to say, "Don't even think about it." Again, I would likely never need a defense in that situation, but is it outrageous to consider that we might be followed? I think not. Even though it was hot as blazes that day, I'm glad I was at least carrying my BUG.

It is amazing how your perspective on your environment changes when you're responsible for your family.

Wow, that was a lot longer than intended, but at least I feel better. Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom