• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig braces now legal to shoulder?

I think one of the key points is that if you build it with the intention of using it like a stock all the time, you are still violating the law.

From what they said it's still only legal to shoulder a brace by accident or 'situationally', which I'm guessing means that your shooting angle causes the contact.

In short, it's the same 'constructive intent' loophole they always give themselves. They haven't really backed off their position, just mellowed it for folks who 'accidentally' touch one to their shoulders once in a while.

As for it just applying to one brand of brace... that doesn't seem too likely. After all, when they went down this whole road it was about the SIG brace if I remember, yet it applied to all of them.

I think one of the key points is that if you build it with the intention of using it like a stock all the time, you are still violating the law.

From what they said it's still only legal to shoulder a brace by accident or 'situationally', which I'm guessing means that your shooting angle causes the contact.

In short, it's the same 'constructive intent' loophole they always give themselves. They haven't really backed off their position, just mellowed it for folks who 'accidentally' touch one to their shoulders once in a while.

As for it just applying to one brand of brace... that doesn't seem too likely. After all, when they went down this whole road it was about the SIG brace if I remember, yet it applied to all of them.
Would be kind of hard for them to prove which contact was an "accident" versus "situational" IMO

Back
Top Bottom