• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

Never appendix carried until I found the right holster, for me. Everyone's mileage varies and confidence level comes with discipline for any firearm.

Thing is at the end of the day it always boils down to this. You always have to exercise safety, discipline and professionalism. Because no matter the reason. You have an accidental discharge, the first person they're going to look at is you. Those are just the facts. If for any reason what so ever, you're not 100% confident with your firearm. You might need to consider a different route. Just sayin
You’re right. Maybe I’ll just carry a knife and leave the gun at home from now on :)

I carry appendix with any pistols I’m sorry if I confused everyone who seems to think I’m not confident in carrying in that position. The initial concern was the Sig being “ Dangerous” in any position.
Rule #2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.

Just sayin.

There is a possible issue with the SIG P320 that goes beyond the "drop issue".

There are videos of LE officers where their issued P320 has discharged while in their holster. I've seen more than one video; officer's hand is not on the gun, no one is touching it, and it appears to be strapped into their duty holster.

The unofficial reports that I have read on a few of the incidents have stated that the pistols were issued and stock, and the holsters were not modified. Since these are not any sort of laboratory, official investigatory reports, I'll take it with a grain of salt.
-was the gun modified, or ill-maintained?
-was the holster modified, or ill-maintained?
-was there an obstruction in the officers' holster

It's enough to give me pause, but not enough info to state unequivocally what the issue is. There are currently a few agencies suing SIG over it, and I'm waiting for the information that will come out of these lawsuits.

I do find it funny that we are not hearing or seeing these same issues coming from Glock, Smith & Wesson, etc. If it were an issue of modified / ill-maintained / obstructed holsters, for instance, why is it only happening to SIG's? More cops use Glocks than use SIG's.

Rule #2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.

Just sayin.

This is a good sentiment, but actually impossible to do with a carry gun.

Right now, I'm sitting at my desk. I'm wearing a G19 in a strongside OWB holster. My right leg is tucked back under my chair. If my G19 were to discharge right now, it would strike me somewhere in the right calf / ankle / foot.

I bend over at WalMart while wearing the same rig. Using the "Laser Rule", what did the laser touch?

When I was an Air Marshal, and wearing a similar rig in the confines of an aircraft, I was constantly "lasering" passengers. Whoever sat behind me has their feet underneath my seat. When I walked up and down the aisles, I was lasering every single part of folks' bodies, from their head to their feet.

Ever walk in a gun store? Dozens, in not hundreds, of firearms that you have not personally checked and cleared are pointing all over the store.

Back
Top Bottom