• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

It is interesting to note that there are TONS of P320's floating around on here - yet I have not heard of anyone with first hand experience with a weapon activated "unintended" discharge. My sample pool is shallow, but still.
I agree its funny but everyone has an opinion based on a few videos or rumors. I have three different p320’s which all have been in and out of an owb holster too many times to keep count and two have over 7k rounds on them but no AD yet. I was curious with the first 320 how it could happen and i can only make it fire or make the striker release by manipulating the trigger.

There is a possible issue with the SIG P320 that goes beyond the "drop issue".

There are videos of LE officers where their issued P320 has discharged while in their holster. I've seen more than one video; officer's hand is not on the gun, no one is touching it, and it appears to be strapped into their duty holster.

The unofficial reports that I have read on a few of the incidents have stated that the pistols were issued and stock, and the holsters were not modified. Since these are not any sort of laboratory, official investigatory reports, I'll take it with a grain of salt.
-was the gun modified, or ill-maintained?
-was the holster modified, or ill-maintained?
-was there an obstruction in the officers' holster

It's enough to give me pause, but not enough info to state unequivocally what the issue is. There are currently a few agencies suing SIG over it, and I'm waiting for the information that will come out of these lawsuits.

I do find it funny that we are not hearing or seeing these same issues coming from Glock, Smith & Wesson, etc. If it were an issue of modified / ill-maintained / obstructed holsters, for instance, why is it only happening to SIG's? More cops use Glocks than use SIG's.
Funny thing is, I haven’t heard of any of them (any brand) just going off in a safe that isn’t on fire. If there was a true issue of them “just going off” there would be those as well. It’s human error, maybe not something obvious, but still some sort of human error.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There has been too much crap lingering around the P320 since Day 1, much of it proven. It’s been proven that SIG has hid issues with the P320-series long before this. With so many options out there, why bother with it?

Are we not going to talk about SIG P320 frames snapping in half at the grip, just below triggerguard?

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There has been too much crap lingering around the P320 since Day 1, much of it proven. It’s been proven that SIG has hid issues with the P320-series long before this. With so many options out there, why bother with it?

Are we not going to talk about SIG P320 frames snapping in half at the grip, just below triggerguard?
Is this just the 320?

Their quality control does suck, hence the rusted p365 lines.

Yea I'm out on appendix carry. IF one thing I've learned is that you definitely won't shoot what isn't in front of the barrel. I prize my lil buddy too much and doubt I could hit it even on accident at that "point blank" range :)
I usually get a wedge so it press the rear of the gun into my pelvic area concealing it more. Also pointing it away from the Bojangles lol

Back
Top Bottom