• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

From what I heard it’s the p320 line I believe they fixed it in Aug 2017? They never recalled any of the pistols just put out a “voluntary upgrade program.” Just get the 2020+ models. U should be ok. Or just build one yourself with custom works fcu.

That’s a totally separate issue. That was The First Issue.

Yall got a link or where i can find?

One of the docs is currently tied to an ongoing lawsuit that is in arbitration. I don’t want to share that, yet.

An entire “study” that covered multiple instances around the nature is something that I read in person, as in I read a “hard copy”. I didn’t ask for a copy because, frankly, I didn’t care to own a copy, and never thought someone would ask for it.

The Sig isn't going to just go off in its holster. You don't have to worry about that. That was never the concern. It was a drop concern at some specific angle with excessive force. As others stated, it was never reliably recreated in a lab. Sig reduced the mass of the trigger because the inertia was the only thing it could be. I'm not anti-appendix carry, but I'm just not brave enough to point my condition ready pistol at my crotch. That's more concerning to me than my gun going off if I throw it against the pavement. For me to feel safe in appendix carry, I would want either a gun with a manual safety or an appendix holster with level 2 retention (which I don't think exist). The real concern is something other than you pulling the trigger when you re-holster or should your gun get knocked out of the holster for any reason.

The Sig isn't going to just go off in its holster. You don't have to worry about that. That was never the concern. It was a drop concern at some specific angle with excessive force. As others stated, it was never reliably recreated in a lab. Sig reduced the mass of the trigger because the inertia was the only thing it could be. I'm not anti-appendix carry, but I'm just not brave enough to point my condition ready pistol at my crotch. That's more concerning to me than my gun going off if I throw it against the pavement. For me to feel safe in appendix carry, I would want either a gun with a manual safety or an appendix holster with level 2 retention (which I don't think exist). The real concern is something other than you pulling the trigger when you re-holster or should your gun get knocked out of the holster for any reason.
You clearly aren't paying attention

Back
Top Bottom