• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig Mosquito yay or nay

icepd

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
11   0
Reaction score
I've heard mixed reviews about this gun. Thoughts? I also heard you have to use like 40 gram rounds our something liked that. They go new in stores for $329. Is it worth it for a plinker, range gun, or squirrel gun?

O to edit, it sucked because it wouldnt feed or light primer strikes. never really could make it through a whole mag without anything but the best ammo, and that defeats the purpose of a 22

Mine shoots flawlessly even with subsonic but the sights are terrible, there are no replacements for them, they are non adjustable, and not near POI.

I say get the M&amp;P 22

I had a P22 and a Mosquito ... they were both ok guns but so finicky about ammo it was disgusting. I wouldn't say they were bad guns they just liked what they liked and not much else. As long as I purchased the same ammo every time they worked great but otherwise I could count on 20-30% of the time at least having FTF and FTE. I got rid of both when I got my first Ruger SR22 .... I have three of them now. One for each of my daughters and one for me. We've dumped thousands and thousands of rounds of mixed bulk ammo of several different manufacturers flawlessly with all of them that I couldn't even get through a full magazine without some kind of jam using in the other two guns.

I have one.The only issue I have with it is the extra mag that I got for it will not hold the slide open on the last shot. Accuracy is ok but its not a ruger mklll. It came with 2 springs, 1 heavy and 1 light. Mags are expensive too.

Back
Top Bottom