• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig Mosquito yay or nay

Piece of crap! I bought a NEW one on line from a company that had a no return policy. I took it to the range and could not get it to fire one time. I tried several brands of ammo (good stuff), it would not go bang. I called the company that I bought it from and they sent me a UPS pick-up label to return it for a full refund. The seller said he had many just like mine.

Stick to Ruger when it comes to .22. The Mosquito sucks but sucks a little less if you take a Dremmel and hone the feed ramp and then polish the feed ramp. This helped decrease the jams from 80% to 30%. Extra mags will set you back over $40 and they are too picky about the ammo you use. If you want a project gun to fine tune and take your time with, then maybe......if not, Ruger is the way to go!

It was the only gun I have ever lost money on. Jammed all the time. The breach block blew off the top of mine and after getting it back from Sig it still jammed all the time. I have a Ruger Mark III and it has never jammed and I have run around 1000 rounds through it.

Back
Top Bottom