• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig or Kimber?????????

If I could only choose between the two I would go with Sign based on previous experience. If I had a third choice I would probably go with a Springfield or Colt.

I am thinking of a new 1911 also. I am going with the Sig nightmare carry 1911. I have heard of way to many issues with the Kimbers. I have also heard the customer service ain't so great... But you know what they say about 2nd hand info! Lol..
I am a Glock guy so all other customer service will suck in comparison... Kimbers are pretty...

Every Kimber I have picked up have more slack in the slide than the Sig's or Springer's.

If you take the gun by the grip and grab the muzzle with the other and try to wiggle the slide side to side, you'll see what I mean.

Sig.
Lifetime warranty on it.
Quality made weapon
Very reasonable on price

The last sig I had I put over 12k rounds down it and never had a failure of any kind.

I will never own another kimber. The only one I did own had the frame crack on it. Since it was out of there BS one year warranty it cost me an extra $330 to have them replace the frame on it. The price includes overnight shipping that they also do not cover. DO NOT GET A KIMBER. Jmo

i would go kimber the first thing i do is buy a magwell to replace the hammer spring housing. on a side note springfields would cost as much as kimbers if they were not partly made in brazil.

I did not know that Kimber only had a one year warranty. That sucks! May have just made my mind up.

Then you probably don't realize a lot of manufacturers don't have written warranties. Beretta's is only 2 years. Remington 2 years. Sig and STI doesn't have one. I've never brought a gun based on what kind of warranty it had.

- - - Updated - - -

i would go kimber the first thing i do is buy a magwell to replace the hammer spring housing. on a side note springfields would cost as much as kimbers if they were not partly made in brazil.

I paid $670 incl tax for my new Kimber Custom II back in 07. Can't find one now for under $775.

Back
Top Bottom