• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silicone oil treatment for baffles?

I am very familiar with wet blasting. At a previous job, I had the duty of blasting mold plates and emboss rolls with a glass bead media and rust inhibitor mixed in water! What a ****ty job! I understand about the media being plain old baking soda. The other options available cost as much or more for just the gun alone and most were for bulk jobs. The trick is to find a set-up for smaller objects.

It's the same principle as fireclean. It gets into the pores in the metal and resists carbon from sticking . When applied correctly it works. Shot my octane yesterday. After shooting my baffles wiped clean
Same principle, different compounds. I think this week I'll tumble some baffles, shoot some rounds and document cleaning, then tumble again and silicone coat it, then document that cleaning

You should take some pictures/video how fire clean does.

There's a lot of silicone oil products available. I know I have silicone oil that's used in shocks on RC cars, but it comes in small bottles. I'd be interested to know which concentrations/combinations might be most effective. Would it really need to be submerged, or would just slathering it down real good work?

Back
Top Bottom