Simple Beef Stew

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
Was going Christmas shopping a couple of days ago; and I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking when I got home. I pulled out the crock pot and put in the makings for beef stew.

2 lb chuck roast
1 medium onion
4 potatoes
3 celery ribs
4 carrots
2 tbls cooking oil
1 cup frozen baby lima beans
I can stewed tomatoes (15 oz)
! can tomato sauce (15 oz)
5 cups beef broth
1 tbls Chopped Thyme
2 tbls Lea & Perrins Worcestershire
Salt and pepper to your taste

Sear the chuck roast in a hot skillet with the cooking oil before cutting. Sear until browned on both sides. Cut the browned roast into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Cut the onion, potatoes, celery, and carrots into chunks that are roughly the same size as the meat chunks. Dump everything into your crock pot and gently stir until it's all evenly mixed.

Cook on low setting for 8-9 hours or on high setting for 4-5 hours. I like to serve mine with a couple of biscuits for sopping the juice.

20181219_201540.jpg

That looks good. I also like to put the roast in whole and use cream of mushroom soup and Lipton French onion soup mix. Just add the onion, carrots and potatoes.
No beans. Whole different flavor, just as yummy.

That looks good. I also like to put the roast in whole and use cream of mushroom soup and Lipton French onion soup mix. Just add the onion, carrots and potatoes.
No beans. Whole different flavor, just as yummy.
My son makes it like that; but he uses green peas. Like you said, totally different flavor; but still delicious.

Was going Christmas shopping a couple of days ago; and I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking when I got home. I pulled out the crock pot and put in the makings for beef stew.

2 lb chuck roast
1 medium onion
4 potatoes
3 celery ribs
4 carrots
2 tbls cooking oil
1 cup frozen baby lima beans
I can stewed tomatoes (15 oz)
! can tomato sauce (15 oz)
5 cups beef broth
1 tbls Chopped Thyme
2 tbls Lea & Perrins Worcestershire
Salt and pepper to your taste

Sear the chuck roast in a hot skillet with the cooking oil before cutting. Sear until browned on both sides. Cut the browned roast into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Cut the onion, potatoes, celery, and carrots into chunks that are roughly the same size as the meat chunks. Dump everything into your crock pot and gently stir until it's all evenly mixed.

Cook on low setting for 8-9 hours or on high setting for 4-5 hours. I like to serve mine with a couple of biscuits for sopping the juice.

View attachment 1922812

That sounds good. I think we will be eating this today.

Back
Top Bottom