• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Slide fire fun, and the cops getting called!

Has anyone else ever had an experience like that with slide fire and police?

• Total voters

Charlie C

Bear Icon Lifetime Supporter
Kalashnikov Life
95   0
Reaction score
Cops came to my place for suspicious activity because the neighbors reported hearing fully automatic fire..... I called the cobb precinct before I started shooting to let them know that I'd be target shooting, where I'd be and not dispatch anyone if they got any reports of gunfire in my area. They said cool well make sure not to dispatch anyone thanks for the heads up , and call us back when you finish shooting so we'll know if we get any additional calls of gunfire in your area (I live in a neighborhood) that it's not you and well need to respond. I was probably a couple hundred rounds in when one of my friends tipped me off that three police had been dispatched and we're in route. So I called the precinct back and they contacted the dispatch who was speaking with the officers and they said they just needed to talk to me and then i could go back to shooting, I told them to wait on my porch because I'd be a minute. So after I gathered all my gear and made it back the sergeant told me there had been multiple reports of machine-gun Fire and asked if he could look at my weapon I said sure that's a slide fire stock it should sound like full auto gun fire. He had no idea what that was but a younger officer who was with him kindly explained how one works and that they're backed by the NRA and are completely legal. They said they only had to be dispatched because they thought it was a machine gun, and they won't dispatch anyone in the future because everything was legal but they just had to check, they also recommended getting a suppressor because the gunfire scared some of the liberal Neighbors. To which I responded I hope the HPA passes soon.
14926616350431701563184.jpg
g

At least they were cool with it.

I thought you couldn't use firearms with in 150 ft. of a neighbors house. I only say/ask this because you said in a neighborhood.

Funny that they felt the need to check you out because it was reported as full auto (as if that were not legal via NFA) but yet then suggests you get a suppressor (Like you don't need NFA). I think his logic is flawed or he was just wanting to be nosey to see what weapons you had.

Back
Top Bottom