• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Slide fire fun, and the cops getting called!

Has anyone else ever had an experience like that with slide fire and police?

• Total voters
At least they were cool with it.

I thought you couldn't use firearms with in 150 ft. of a neighbors house. I only say/ask this because you said in a neighborhood.

Not in Cobb. Cobb does have a noise ordinance though, has anybody been told they couldn't shoot in Cobb because of it?

Sec. 50-256. - Violations and penalty.
(b)
It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue or cause to be made or continued any loud noise which either disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of others in the unincorporated areas of the county which is plainly audible 100 feet from the sound's point of origination, except as otherwise provided herein.

Tell the liberal neighbors to pitch in and pay for the supressor & stamp, and you'll be glad to use it!

I agree that if you ask 20 cops a question regarding carry laws you will get 20 very different answers. Better to educate yourself on the laws.

Shooting in a neighborhood? I'm not a liberal but sure don't want to have to listen to a bunch of mag dumps in my neighborhood, any more than I don't want to have to listen to blaring rap music.

How close are the other houses? It would seem common courtesy should be at play here.

I would think that LE would respond to shots fired no matter what. I get them from time to time at my range even though they assume it's me, they still come out. Most of the time they end up running a drill or two while out there with us so it's all good.
The one time LE didn't respond to shots fired because they thought they knew who it was would be the time some idiot was shooting up a house.

Shooting in a neighborhood? I'm not a liberal but sure don't want to have to listen to a bunch of mag dumps in my neighborhood, any more than I don't want to have to listen to blaring rap music.

How close are the other houses? It would seem common courtesy should be at play here.
There is NO suitable place ON THIS EARTH for blaring rap music. Blaring AC/DC, now that's a different story! :rockon:

I'd send an army out if someone called and said they were going to be shooting...

Then again I ain't no LEO and shoot all of the time in my backyard... cruisers pull up, we chat, talk about guns and maybe the ODT, they leave.

20 years ago, the cops came out investigating me and a group of my friends when we were shooting fireworks including entire strings of Black Cat firecrackers, and my machine gun.

I only told the cops about the machine gun, and attributed the noise to 20 and 30 round mag dumps with the selector set to full.

They went away, and all was well with the world after that.

Back
Top Bottom