• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Slide fire fun, and the cops getting called!

Has anyone else ever had an experience like that with slide fire and police?

• Total voters
I live in the middle of a national forest on a one lane forestry service road. I don't know if someone called or maybe a cop just happened to be driving down my road to check a few camp sites that actually need police attention from time to time...but one day when I was outside shooting up some paper, I saw a deputy driving slowly back towards the main road from down at the lake...The road is a dead end after a couple of scenic miles around the lake...so there's no "through traffic". When he got about even with my driveway, I did a mag dump with an AK...no slidefire but fast as I could pull the trigger...He never even slowed down. He just kept on going. I really don't think anyone cares out here except the squirrels. They are a little gun shy.

At least they were cool with it.

I thought you couldn't use firearms with in 150 ft. of a neighbors house. I only say/ask this because you said in a neighborhood.
I was about 1500 yards away from houses, however they came back today still very polite and casuial and gave me a citation for weapons discharge without written permission from Cobb County because their major told them to do so. They said they didn't have a choice, but if it was up to them they would have just left it at a warning. They also said the citation can be paid online, and is as minor as a jaywalking charge. But if I came to court and explained the situation the judge would most likely dismiss the charge.

I have my own range so there is a lot of shooting, But years back I use to shoot my cannon and that could be heard up to 7 miles away. The last time I shoot it about 7 squad and plane cars showed up and they said a LP tank blew up and were trying to find where it was at, And I said yeah it was one hell of a bang and the ol lady was bitching that pictures on the wall fell to the floor. Ah the good ol days.

Back
Top Bottom