Slip n Slides

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369736004.110445.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369736015.587172.jpg

Baby shampoo.... No more tears
I actually thought of that but it's expensive enough to make the slip n slides worth it.

Or oil. then you don't need the water
Man, I wish I would have thought of this when I was in college. The thought of my toddlers and neighbors getting oiled up doesn't sound as fun.

A lot of adults get serious injuries on those when then throw themselves down on them. Be careful so you don't break your neck.

Using this info for my upcoming Beer Olympics!

LMAO.

I actually have heard that these things are dangerous. Any rock or stick underneath can wind up causing severe cuts. My hill is new sod and clean fill from work we did last year so I think we'll be ok.

Don’t try this at home

YouTube is filled with videos of questionable uses of Slip ‘n Slides, but it’s the permanence of some poor judgement calls that have caused alarm.
Due to multiple injury reports, way back in 1993, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a notice about the Slip ‘n Slide, which said in part:
Use by adults and teens has the potential to result in neck injury and paralysis. Because of their weight and height, adults and teenagers who dive onto the water slide may hit and abruptly stop in such a way that could cause permanent spinal cord injury, resulting in quadriplegia or paraplegia. The slider’s forward momentum drives the body into the neck and compresses the spinal cord.
True stories

In the early 1990s, a 37-year-old Californian named Bill Evans was left a quadriplegic after fracturing his neck using the Slip ‘n Slide. After a settlement with the toy’s manufacturer at the time, Kransco, Evans’ attorney wanted to issue a press release about the toy’s danger to for adults. Predictably, “dire consequences” were promised if he did so… and the matter was dropped.
Unsurprisingly, not long after, a college student’s life changed drastically in 1998 after what was supposed to be some Slip ‘n Slide fun. A “devastating accident” left Bryon Riesch paralyzed from the chest down, with limited use of his arms. (A little over two and a half years later, he started the The Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation, with a goal to find a cure for paralysis.)
The issue of gag orders and threats of litigation aside, the issue is truly less of an issue of a product defect, and more a fact of physics. Colloquially stated, “The bigger they are, the harder they fall” — which is backed up byNewton’s second law of motion.

http://findersfree.com/science-nature/slip-n-slide-unsafe-adults

Back
Top Bottom