- dana 44 differential
- 0-60 in 4.4secs & 1/4 in 13.0
- 170mph top speed

You consider a TB "sporty"?

395hp
0-60 in 5.4
1/4 in 13.9
0.80 g on the skidpad

That's a lot sportier than the wife's current SUV.

Find a nice used SRT8 Grand Cherokee.

- 425hp 425tq
- all-wheel drive
- brembo brakes
- gas charged shocks
- dana 44 differential
- 0-60 in 4.4secs & 1/4 in 13.0
- 170mph top speed

I've been looking but mileage keeps killing that hope. Everything I've found is 90-125K miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I found something that might work, it's a dealer left over 2012. They actually have two of these. But I have no idea how much a dealership might wheel and deal on something that's been sitting on the lot.

395hp
0-60 in 5.4
1/4 in 13.9
0.80 g on the skidpad

That's a lot sportier than the wife's current SUV.

Oh well...to each their own. I have a TB. Admittedly it's not an SS, but it's far from what I would consider sporty.

And why all the hate on Fords? You'd really consider a $70K Jeep/Chrysler instead? Just sayin'...

You can get a Porsche Cayenne for around $50k, and it will out perform anything within that price range I assure you. Further, the maintenance and upkeep will be significantly less than a BMW, Range/Land Rover, or an Audi. I also highly recommend a Lexus GX or LX model SUV, they won't be as snappy as the Cayenne or handle as well but they will perform just as well off-road. I own both a Cayenne and a GX and would buy both 10x over. Lastly, if you buy a $70k Jeep you're losing $30k walking out the door.

Last edited:
Oh well...to each their own. I have a TB. Admittedly it's not an SS, but it's far from what I would consider sporty.

And why all the hate on Fords? You'd really consider a $70K Jeep/Chrysler instead? Just sayin'...

Good bit of difference between the run of the mill TB and the SS (6.0 engine and ZQ8 susp).

Personal preference, and years ago I worked for a ford dealer. I just don't like Ford at all.

You can get a Porsche Cayenne for around $50k, and it will out perform anything within that price range I assure you. Further, the maintenance and upkeep will be significantly less than a BMW, Range/Land Rover, or an Audi. I also highly recommend a Lexus GX or LX model SUV, they won't be as snappy as the Cayenne or handle as well but they will perform just as well off-road. I own both a Cayenne and a GX and would buy both 10x over. Lastly, if you buy a $70k Jeep you're losing $30k walking out the door.

I will look at those! Actually two co-workers have them (Cayenne). I didn't even think about it.

That's my huge hang up with the SRT8. I just can't stomach buying one new for $70K and driving it 1/4 mile from the lot and loosing $30K. I had been looking for used ones. But the only thing I've come up with is dealer "demos" that they still think a lot of or older SRT8's with 100K miles. (That scares me too, I know what I could do in 100K!)

Ugh, I've begged and pleaded with her to at least consider a wagon. I love the magnum and the CTS-V wagons. But she absolutely won't have anything to do with them. (aaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaa CTS-V.......)

I know you said no Ford, but....(OMG he is gonna say Ford)......Have you looked at the Explorer Sports?

I love mine.

Twin Turbo 6, good gas mileage, leather, nav, all the goodies for around $47K before discounts.

2014_ford_explorer_sport_tuxedo_black_metallic_in_canton_north_carolina_98475052986232943.jpg

Good bit of difference between the run of the mill TB and the SS (6.0 engine and ZQ8 susp).

Personal preference, and years ago I worked for a ford dealer. I just don't like Ford at all.

I will look at those! Actually two co-workers have them (Cayenne). I didn't even think about it.

That's my huge hang up with the SRT8. I just can't stomach buying one new for $70K and driving it 1/4 mile from the lot and loosing $30K. I had been looking for used ones. But the only thing I've come up with is dealer "demos" that they still think a lot of or older SRT8's with 100K miles. (That scares me too, I know what I could do in 100K!)

Awesome! If you do, and look at new/used from a dealership, head to Hennessey Porsche and ask for Bruce Prinder. I bought 2 cars from him this year, great guy!

The Cayenne is my daily actually, and has one of the best interiors you can buy IMO.

yURRIQ3.jpg

Ids9XPm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom