• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So how many folks got a call from the Postal Inspector lately?

22823BBC-662A-47BB-A3D4-811068B7E1A1.gif
E8663A72-2637-4085-B277-1B4F8C96CE3E.gif

There is absolutely zero probative value in highlighting the fact that a person did not do something that is not required of them. In fact, I would argue that attempting to do so would be far more prejudicial and objectionable.
While a I agree in spirit, but it is still arguments that can be used against anyone. Here I’m not real concerned.
Anything can be argued, whether it stands or not is questionable court by court.
Also there is always the possibility of civil action, and even if your are ultimately exonerated and the case thrown out it is expensive and very troublesome to defend.
Best to at least take articulable, and reasonable precautions to make arguments in your behalf.
And no I’m not talking BOSs.

I promise you, the USPS absolutely does not have the ability to x-ray every package it ships period. They do, however, photograph all letters and many, if not most packages.
After 9/11, Congress wrote a law stating by 2020 all cargo being shipped on a passenger plane must be screened for explosives prior to being placed on the plane. Most all carriers asked for and received extensions to include the USPS As they are required to screen EVERY mailpiece that weighs over 16oz. They cannot even screen the packages for explosives that go on planes, there is no way in hell they can x-ray all packages.

In this "possession of stolen property" case, the Court approves of the prosecution's argument that the lack of a bill of sale or receipt for a commercial icemaker is allowed to be used in court to help prove the criminal intent of the accused-- it's part of the suspicious circumstances of the deal.

(of course there were several things suspicious here, some we all agree would be even more incriminating than the seller not writing out a bill of sale or receipt. But that was one bit of evidence the State could and did use to get a conviction. Even though there was no law saying restaurant equipment sold between private parties had to be done with some written record or receipt.)

Back
Top Bottom