• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So, I have a problem...

I'm assuming that when you zero the iron sights you are shooting from a rest and are dead on.

If the rear is dead center in the dovetail and you've not zeroed from a rest it's probably not zeroed.

My G19 rear sight is slightly off center for 25m zero. I use a MGW sight tool for fine adjustments.

Shoot the gun off a rest to find out if it's the sights or you. If it's you, put tension into the back of your right hand. It stabilizes the grip and prevents a push to the left.
I have not shot it from a rest. I will try that the next time I go to the range. I know I've said it a few times but I've been contemplating installing night sights for quite some time now. I like the 3 dot style sights much better than the Glock factory sights anyway. I may go pick up a set of night sights and shoot it from a rest and then make any fine adjustments if necessary.

I like a very hard grip for best control of the weapon during recoil. With that much pressure applied, the way the tensions are applied makes the difference on bullet impact. Because the trigger finger is kept relatively loose, any pressure applied by it is overwhelmed by the overall grip strength.
I shoot like that too. And for that reason, I can not tell you if I'm shooting 9mm, .40, .45. 10mm or .357sig Glocks without looking if the frame size is the same ...Of course the larger frames give the larger calibers away...but not the recoil. I just do not feel any difference in any of them with compact 19/23 or full size 17/22 or fuller sized 20/21. I can feel it better in sub compacts...which is mainly why I won't own a subcompact anything with preference leaning to G23 size compacts...or Commander sized 1911s...or 3-4 inch K frames. I guess that makes me Baby Bear.

A lot of good advice has been offered. I really appreciate it. Keep it coming.
Keep in mind that shooting from a rest will greatly affect your point of impact. I like to support my wrists on sandbags (gun in front of bags), while making sure the butt of the handgun doesn't recoil into the bags or shooting bench. This technique will best approximate your POI when shooting offhand.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Kyle Defoor's golfclub grip rest is pretty solid as well.

Just realize that if you don't know where the gun shoots to the sights mechanically, you have no idea what issues your technique is causing.

farm7.static.flickr.com_6073_6159643024_b827dbc8bc_b.jpg

Also the Glock OEM plastic sights are horrible for any kind of precision shooting since there is no true crisp "line up" of the sights. If you line up the top of the front and rear, the dot is obscured.

20140126-144050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom