• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I ordered this for the Ruger SFAR 308.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Any of you guys use this scope and what do you think about it?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018441940?pid=141861

141861.jpg
141861.jpg

I just got an SFAR but I slapped an eotech on it , works great . But that Burris may work better
Yeah I was limited to about 600 dollars so I tried to find the best I could for the money. I liked that it comes with everything needed. The red dot on top is a nice touch. I just hope I can see it well enough to use it.

I’ve had the Burris Tac30 version in a PEPR mount and it’s solid. The Tac30 is the budget version and I thought that glass was particularly clear for a budget scope. I loved that reticle too. That rifle and optic are right in my wheelhouse…it’s not a high speed low drag operator set up…and neither am I, but it’s a good “budget” version. Burris makes good glass, you should be happy with that choice. The PEPR mount is bulky but solid. I’m not familiar with the fast-fire red dot up top…not my cup of tea, I think I prefer the canted offset mounts rather than the high mount. Eager for your range report!

I think this kinda setup is a fantastic solution for a lightweight 16” 308 AR.
(Personally I’d lean toward a tad more mag in a 1-8 or 1-10.)
I like how low that red dot sits.
A 2-10 scope with a micro red dot would probably be my max on this rig.

If it was a bigger/heavier DPMS pattern with a 18”-20” barrel then I’d step up the scope to something like 3-9 or 4-12. But then it gets closer to a bench gun and a whole different POU.

Back
Top Bottom