• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I ordered this for the Ruger SFAR 308.

Honestly, you can’t trust “made in America” to be made in America anymore. I once ordered some rapid transition sights (RTS) from eBay… a month later, the blister pack arrived from Szechuan province or something in mainland China complete with customs label stating “camping parts”. I opened the package and it was a brand new set of high quality laser engraved, 7075 aircraft grade aluminum bar stock, made in the USA, veteran owned and operated, iso9001, berry act compliant rapid transition sights in the package…complete with “made in the USA” printed on the sealed blister pack. Now I only paid $25 for these. My local gun store charged $238 for these high quality “made in the USA veteran owned and operated” sights. So I took them up to the gun shop and compared them with their packaging and sights and everything was identical. The employees were amazed. The packaging, the labeling, the sights, the materials, the laser engravings…everything. Except the price. Form your own conclusions but I can only think of two ways that eBay outfitter could send me those perfectly copied sights with the “made in the USA” labels from China…

1. They make perfect copies…and I mean perfect, no pot metal screws or misprints, and they can manufacture, list, sell, package, then ship halfway around the globe for 1/10th the cost with no shortcuts in materials and craftsmanship or…
2. This “Made in the USA, veteran owned company” is playing a shell game and manufacturing their crap in China and selling here for $238.00 because people pay more for “American Made” quality. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, we know that China is unscrupulous but we just assume “made in the USA” is better…and actually made in the USA.
oh do tell...what company?!?!
iu

Honestly, you can’t trust “made in America” to be made in America anymore. I once ordered some rapid transition sights (RTS) from eBay… a month later, the blister pack arrived from Szechuan province or something in mainland China complete with customs label stating “camping parts”. I opened the package and it was a brand new set of high quality laser engraved, 7075 aircraft grade aluminum bar stock, made in the USA, veteran owned and operated, iso9001, berry act compliant rapid transition sights in the package…complete with “made in the USA” printed on the sealed blister pack. Now I only paid $25 for these. My local gun store charged $238 for these high quality “made in the USA veteran owned and operated” sights. So I took them up to the gun shop and compared them with their packaging and sights and everything was identical. The employees were amazed. The packaging, the labeling, the sights, the materials, the laser engravings…everything. Except the price. Form your own conclusions but I can only think of two ways that eBay outfitter could send me those perfectly copied sights with the “made in the USA” labels from China…

1. They make perfect copies…and I mean perfect, no pot metal screws or misprints, and they can manufacture, list, sell, package, then ship halfway around the globe for 1/10th the cost with no shortcuts in materials and craftsmanship or…
2. This “Made in the USA, veteran owned company” is playing a shell game and manufacturing their crap in China and selling here for $238.00 because people pay more for “American Made” quality. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, we know that China is unscrupulous but we just assume “made in the USA” is better…and actually made in the USA.
I wouldn't trust the 7075 designation on the aluminum any more than the "made in USA". These are fakes, and by purchasing fakes from China, it supports communists and thieves who hate the USA. Lose/Lose.

I wouldn't trust the 7075 designation on the aluminum any more than the "made in USA". These are fakes, and by purchasing fakes from China, it supports communists and thieves who hate the USA. Lose/Lose.
That was my point though. How do you know it’s made in the USA if a package can arrive in this country printed “made in the USA” when clearly it wasn’t. There was literally no way to tell other than I personally saw the package arrive from mainland China. If I went and put that package on the shelf at my local gun store and charged $238, you’d never know.

That was my point though. How do you know it’s made in the USA if a package can arrive in this country printed “made in the USA” when clearly it wasn’t. There was literally no way to tell other than I personally saw the package arrive from mainland China. If I went and put that package on the shelf at my local gun store and charged $238, you’d never know.
Yep, that's why it's important to buy from authorized dealers or directly from the manufacturer.

Yep, that's why it's important to buy from authorized dealers or directly from the manufacturer.
You may have more faith than I do that the manufacturer wasn’t complicit.

I bought a set of “American made” tires. Said so right there on the sidewall of the demo in the showroom. After I got home I noticed the “made in Brazil” printed on the sidewall of mine. When I called them out on it, they said different sizes are made in different places…and that’s true. They just put the “made in the USA” sized model on the showroom floor to get suckers like me.

You may have more faith than I do that the manufacturer wasn’t complicit.

I bought a set of “American made” tires. Said so right there on the sidewall of the demo in the showroom. After I got home I noticed the “made in Brazil” printed on the sidewall of mine. When I called them out on it, they said different sizes are made in different places…and that’s true. They just put the “made in the USA” sized model on the showroom floor to get suckers like me.
I wouldn't want to paint with that broad of a brush, especially when it comes to firearms products companies. Sure there are cheats out there, but the majority are trustworthy. Tire companies? Eh, I have no idea.

I have this set up with a 1-8x. Most of the time it's either on 1x or roughly 4x. Your 1-6x should work just fine. One caveat with the Burris, it's not a true 1x, so you will notice a bit of eye strain after a while if you're shooting with both eyes open. View attachment 6720394

Dang, that is one good-looking shooting stick...

Back
Top Bottom