• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I went to the range today......

I took a newly acquired AK to an indoor range, because I did not know where there was one outdoors, at the time. Range was almost empty, but they put me in a lane next to a newbie lady being taught how to shoot 22s from a pistol by her significant other. First few shots from me, she jumped 3 feet.

I promptly went to the range officer to ask for me to be moved to another part of the range since they were so empty as it wasn't a good shooting experience for the lady/man combo.

I only go to public, indoor ranges with an AR or AK Pistol and load the hottest stuff I can find into a drum. and have a friend video the newb's nearby when they jump outta their skin when the 7" bad boy sends flames downrange. Then, I warn em it'll be loud. (Not really, just once by accident, and they had to pressure wash the newb turds off the floor)

I would never take anything that wasn't mine, and I too, give my "old" new paper targets away when I leave. I would also have enough situational awareness to see the thief coming.

I only go to public, indoor ranges with an AR or AK Pistol and load the hottest stuff I can find into a drum. and have a friend video the newb's nearby when they jump outta their skin when the 7" bad boy sends flames downrange. Then, I warn em it'll be loud. (Not really, just once by accident, and they had to pressure wash the newb turds off the floor)

More fun to do it with an M44 or M95

Public ranges can be scary, there used to be a range that had a women shoot free all day long, not to say that women are bad shooters... however, I found myself staying away from that range on Wednesdays...
I spent more time in situational awareness of things that shouldn't be a concern than in Target concentration.

There was a guy at my local range given his friends a “shooting class” It was halarious! He was yelling as loud as he could, calling magazines “clips” yelling out rules in a very authoritative tone like he owned the place. He didn’t..just making it not very much fun for the people he was with. Most I could tell had never shot a gun and he was starting them off with a cheap Rossi 357. Most didn’t want to shoot anymore after a couple rounds. Dude didn’t even have a .22 for the beginners. Most were also more intrigued with my stuff as I don’t think they had ever seen a silencer outside of movies either. But I packed up and left, not because it was annoying but because I couldn’t stop laughing, and didn’t want to cause any butthurt with all those guns around
He Reminded me of the type of guy that walks around in a tight tank top just to show off his arms.

Back
Top Bottom