• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Lots of new machines announced at EIMCA show this year.

Ducati just announced the release of the Panigale V4R superbike. You can order it with the factory race exhaust and it cranks out 234hp in a bike weighing 385lbs dry... Absolutely insane.

To equate that to a car, you would need damned near 1,800hp or so, to even get close to that type of hp to weight ratio...

That'd be fun as hell! 3rd gear power wheelies, yes please!

Did you see the video? Dont think the r is street legal. Also the wings on the front, while functional, are hideous. Otherwise amazing bike.

Did you see the video? Dont think the r is street legal. Also the wings on the front, while functional, are hideous. Otherwise amazing bike.

They are there because they need to be. If not for limitations they put on it, this is a 200mph bike. The acceleration is going to be absolutely savage and it's going to be all the ECU and the aero package can do to not have this thing take flight. haha

3rd gear? Try 4th and 5th if you turn off the rider aids... My 1198 would power wheelie in third and it made a good bit less power than this beast.

I originally wrote 3rd and 4th, but having never ridden anything that powerful, wasn't sure if that would be enough to pull up the front in 4th. You'd have to be well into triple digits to have the rpms to pull it up in 4th.

They are there because they need to be. If not for limitations they put on it, this is a 200mph bike. The acceleration is going to be absolutely savage and it's going to be all the ECU and the aero package can do to not have this thing take flight. haha
I agree, and for a race bike totaly necessary. Just saying if it was on street bike, they are an eyesore to me. The standard v4 is a gorgeous bike to me.

I originally wrote 3rd and 4th, but having never ridden anything that powerful, wasn't sure if that would be enough to pull up the front in 4th. You'd have to be well into triple digits to have the rpms to pull it up in 4th.

My 1198 scared the crap out of me when it pulled the front up in third at triple digits. This beast makes like 50hp more at the crank... Can't wait to see the reviews. The regular Panigale V4 is already the fastest stock production bike that most mags have ever tested. This one dials it up to 11...

I agree, and for a race bike totaly necessary. Just saying if it was on street bike, they are an eyesore to me. The standard v4 is a gorgeous bike to me.

In order for them to race it in WSBK, they have to create a "production" version of the bike. They have to make and sell 500 units, and the cost to consumers cannot exceed $40k... not sure which currency that is, possibly EURO.

That qualifies it as "production" rather than one-off race bike. So in order to then take a production bike to race in world superbike and other series, it has to have some of those things already on it. They can't take a stock bike and then add a new aero package to it... If the bike comes with it stock, then they can race with it.

I wouldn't even notice it, it's one of the better designs that Ducati has used in recent years...

In order for them to race it in WSBK, they have to create a "production" version of the bike. They have to make and sell 500 units, and the cost to consumers cannot exceed $40k... not sure which currency that is, possibly EURO.

That qualifies it as "production" rather than one-off race bike. So in order to then take a production bike to race in world superbike and other series, it has to have some of those things already on it. They can't take a stock bike and then add a new aero package to it... If the bike comes with it stock, then they can race with it.

I wouldn't even notice it, it's one of the better designs that Ducati has used in recent years...
Kinda of reminds me of the Kawasaki H2R, but far less ridiculous looking

Back
Top Bottom