• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, would you sell to a newbie known for posting double retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sell for what I want out of the item. What the guy does with it after that is no worry of mine. If he makes money, fine, if not that's fine too.

If you sell to him and he posts it right back up for a crazy price, call him out in the forum with a link to his listing. I used to see people relist items that they picked up using the same pic that the original owner used.....along with a higher price. Bad form and pretty crappy for sure. Call them out on it in an open forum, you'll never stop people from doing wrong, but you can dang sure let everyone else know who they are and what they do.

Just like it was said earlier- I'd rather price it fairly and let it go to a member who needs ammo to shoot- I'm definitely not interested in supporting an ammo flipper.

I've got a pile of factory 9mm ammo purchased over the past several years... thought about selling it, but the primary reason I didn't is because I thought someone would take it at my price and then re-list it for double. Hell with that.

I prefer trades to cash sales or buying things. If you have who I want and I have what you want and we are both happy then that's a good deal in my eyes. I've taken a hit more than once. At the same time I've come out in top before too. I'm not to worried about making money I just want to enjoy the things I trade for. I hate seeing people relist things for the sole purpose of making money. It really runs me the wrong way but at the same time who am I to say what they can or cannot do with there item

I sell for what I want out of the item. What the guy does with it after that is no worry of mine. If he makes money, fine, if not that's fine too.

If you sell to him and he posts it right back up for a crazy price, call him out in the forum with a link to his listing. I used to see people relist items that they picked up using the same pic that the original owner used.....along with a higher price. Bad form and pretty crappy for sure. Call them out on it in an open forum, you'll never stop people from doing wrong, but you can dang sure let everyone else know who they are and what they do.

No don't call any one out on an open forum. Its against the rules so I have been told!! From what I was told on the thread I started about over priced ammo, etc. you should just keep your mouth shut and let them charge what they want right or not. And no body on here wants to hear about it any way. Well thats what I was told any way we should keep our opinoins to ourself per some other members!!

Last edited:
I ain't selling ammo for any price and have not in the last year or so and do not intend to unless a truck load somehow shows up with ammo falling off it. I also think that if you have ammo of any type and are selling it you are making a big mistake right now (unless you need the money).

There's a lot of talk about the supply coming back and price coming back down. It's the "in a couple of months" argument that's been around for the past 6 months. I say, I'll see it when I see it. Until then I will act as if what I have is all I'll get and reload as much as possible.

So, would I sell to someone that I think will just try to sell for more money? If I get my asking price I would.
Would I sell ammo? NO

Just say'n

No don't call any one out on an open forum. Its against the rules so I have been told!! From what I was told on the thread I started about over priced ammo, etc. you should just keep your mouth shut and let them charge what they want right or not. And no body on here wants to hear about it any way. Well thats what I was told any way we should keep our opinoins to ourself per some other members!!

Posting in someone's "for Sale" post is very much against the rules and you should always just hit the back button and laugh at them. There is no rule that prevents you from posting in the open forum, but you should know that it is an open forum and you will get some folks that disagree with you. That's why it's good to stick to the facts and not your opinion.
If you post in an ad, to me, that's just as bad as the idiot pricing a $600.00 rifle for $1400.00.

Posting in someone's "for Sale" post is very much against the rules and you should always just hit the back button and laugh at them. There is no rule that prevents you from posting in the open forum, but you should know that it is an open forum and you will get some folks that disagree with you. That's why it's good to stick to the facts and not your opinion.
If you post in an ad, to me, that's just as bad as the idiot pricing a $600.00 rifle for $1400.00.

Yes I know that rule. But what is the point of an open form if we cant share our opinoins even if we dont agree. I have no problem with people that disagree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom