• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So you want all my information......

I should have done what you said, but I did not. Got to thinking about it when at home and made me mad.
Not sure but I have spoken to others about it and may be for an address for mailing out advertising. I asked the guy when I went back and told them I wanted my data out of their system why they wanted it, he did not say but did say all they kept was my address and DOB. I don't like junk mail and sure did not want them privy to my data. Anyone can do pretty well if that info were to fall into the wrong hands, IMO.

When he asked for my DL, he did say he wanted to "scan it".

I’ve been there a couple times. Never bought anything. But I may go in Monday and buy something just to make a scene if they ask for my DL or any form of ID.

I've never asked for a BOS but I'll damn sure need to see either a Ga DL or GWCL before I sell to anybody the first time.

X2. Especially with little or no feedback.

I want to see a GA DL and preferably a GWCL. If they don't have a GWCL, I ask if they can legally own a firearm. If yes, I complied with the law.

I have NO PROBLEM showing my licenses with my address and number covered with my thumb.

I went to a gun store in Carrollton this week and bought a holster. It was my first time buying from them. They asked for and made a copy of my DL for that. I got to thinking about it that night at home and went and returned the holster and told them to get my DL and info out of their system.
They only gave me "store credit" for my refund but when I use it up, they will not get anymore of my business.
I bet it was that BIG NEW GUN STORE on the bypass next the storage units....wasn't it?... SORY.....
I JUST READ WHERE YOU SAID THE STORE NAME... I'VE BEEN THERE ONCE AND SAID I'D NEVER BE BACK AND I'VE NOT DARKENED THEIR DOORS SINCE... ELFEM

1z209h.jpg

They dont, but if batfe shows up at your house, I 'd bet they will get that paperwork. They know who sold every gun on a 4473. They always will.

Maybe.

I have several that I bet aren't on a 4473 anywhere.

You have to remember that for some of us, background checks are a relatively recent innovation. I bought guns at Sears and Richs in Atlanta with no forms at all. There was a time when you could mail order guns -no records.

There are still a lot of guns floating around that quiet legally have no serial numbers.

If two people came to me to transfer a gun, I would have the one buying the gun fill out the 4473 and then that form goes in my file cabinet and never leaves. The only way for the ATF to know how many guns you have personally had transferred to you on a 4473 would be to physically go to every single FFL in the country and search their forms for your name.

Actually if they came to me for a private transfer I would tell the dumbasses to go across the street and make the trade like grown adults but that's not my point :lol:
BUT, if you close your doors all those files go to atf, correct? Or if they feel the desire, they can audit your files anytime they choose, iirc.

Back
Top Bottom