• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody please educate me on USPS procedure

Riddle me this: If a package is shipped from N. Carolina to Georgia why is it shipped to California after it arrived in Atlanta? This makes absolutely no sense to me.
View attachment 2392457 View attachment 2392458
I’ve seen some crazy crap from all shippers. I shipped something to a member here, and it went to South Georgia like three times from NEGeorgia to Gwinnett. The tracking ghosted for the first three days, and then showed up and went back to day one.
Dude was ready to leave me negative feedback, I think the only thing that saved him was he had a package he sent do the same thing.

Like has already been said it happens. I have been transpirtation/logistics for twenty years. I had FedEx send a crate that contained my customers proprietary demo equipment to India instead of Seattle. My customer received 2k of concrete additive. How do you mix that up. It took me 6 months but I finally got a person on the phone in India who had my freight. He told me it had already been "seized" for no documentation(haha) and stripped down for reverse engineering. :doh:

I shipped a camper title, priority express to Atl from Cumming, said it'd be there next day, 4 days no show, ck'd tracking it was at a post office in Decatur, then southside, then back, this went back and forth for 3 weeks. I started an investigation thru usps, cost me $18, paid $17 for original delivery. Finally the 5th week, it got delivered, I almost had to refund $11,000 the folks paid for the camper, they thought I never had a title and it might have a lien.

Had a package leave Hayesville NC, coming to Cleveland Ga, just across the mountain right.
Went to Atlanta then South Carolina, then to Doraville, lost for three days then showed up in Atlanta again, went to Gainesville, then Lawrenceville, and finally after a week and half was delivered to me...…..USPS at it's best...……………….

Back
Top Bottom