• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Sorry to lowball you"

Who asks: "Sorry to lowball you, but will you take..."

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup, lighten up. There is no "low ball" schedule of prices that any two people on here would accept, much less the forum members as a whole.

If you don't like it, reject it politely.

I will look at any offer.
Helps me rethink if what I have for sale is priced right.
Also if I do decide to lower the price I can PM them back and ask if they would be interested at the new price.

I also like off the wall trade offers. I just might have not known I needed that.

I had people show up asking for change or take the lower denomination. I also had a guy show up and said he was short a buck or two.

At least they were considerate to say they were sorry. worst you say is no. try driving a few miles to have someone come up with a "dooooh...i didn't have any change look."

I just sent a similar message to a seller because I felt like an ass but it's all I could afford. We worked out the deal.

Conversely I have sent people a message saying I will give them xx and they thought I was an ass.

It's all in the delivery and if you are sincere which I am.

Why do people send you PMs saying: "Sorry to lowball you, but will you take....."? You're not sorry, that's why you're sending it. Are you so spineless you can't make a real offer, or just have the guts to ask without the apology?

I recently had a rifle for sale, and recieved quite a few of these. I don't mind a lowball offer, just be a man when you make your offer. Does apologizing when offering make you feel better about it? I probably would have let it go for one of those lowball offers, but couldn't sell it to someone that couldn't man up and ask without the apology.

Am I too disgruntled? Or does this **** you off too?
It doesn't matter what it is that you are offering for sale.....if you were selling a pre 64 Super Grade model 70 for $100, somebody would come up, and offer you $95....it is the most crazy thing I've seen....if you don't like the price....just follow it, and when the price comes down, to your liking, buy it.....I do not haggle....if I don't like the price, I simply don't buy it...I figure the seller has enough since to offer the item, at a price they are willing to part with it for.
:-)Rocky

I had people show up asking for change or take the lower denomination. I also had a guy show up and said he was short a buck or two.

At least they were considerate to say they were sorry. worst you say is no. try driving a few miles to have someone come up with a "dooooh...i didn't have any change look."

Yea really, bring the money that needs to be paid with you!
I have like 40 trades and one guy said I'll take it, but I have to go to the bank! Lol
Did he think I was going to rob him?
I'm a nice guy! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom