• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Sorry to lowball you"

Who asks: "Sorry to lowball you, but will you take..."

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I am looking to buy then 90% of the time I ask if they will take a lower offer. If someone considers that some sort of insult or "low ball" then I probably don't want to deal with that person anyway. What the hell do they teach millennials at school nowdays that makes them so damn delicate in the real world? I was raised and taught to always try and negotiate the best deal regardless of buying a house, car or a pair of socks. I expect (and have received) the same response when I post an item. I just didn't know I was supposed to get all pissy about it.

IVE BOUGHT A GOOD GIT OF STUFF ON HERE. IF ITS A DEAL I BUY, IF NOT AND IM INTERESTED I ASK IF THEY CAN DO BETTER! SOMETIMES IVE BOUGHT AT THEIR PRICE AND OTHERS I JUST SAY THANKS AND HAVE BLESSED DAY! SOME STUFF IVE LISTED ILL HAVE HAGGLING ROOM AND SOME IM JUST CLOSE AT PRICE! I TRY RESPECT OTHER FELLOW AND THANKS FOR OFFER BUT NO THANKS! JUST THE WAY I ROLL.

It's a formality that you have to do. Kind of like Bless his heart. Where I come from you can say anything you want about somebody as long as you say Bless his heart. Here it is in a sentence. Bless his heart that Joe Bob is such a dumb@$$. Now, Sorry for the lowball offer but will u take $100 for your $1000 glock with gills. See same thing.

If I live in my own house is it not a home ? The best one lately was less than 50% of asking and me deliver and only if it is in 95% condition . I passed

Who doesn't low ball. Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free. I will say that I get hammered drunk and will forget that convo ever happened. Happened with Burdy Burdy over a LBC. I saw his post. Saw that it was sold. I thought I'd message him and see if he had more. I Read the thread we had. It made me sad. Not sad enough to stop drinking.

Cheers.

If I am looking to buy then 90% of the time I ask if they will take a lower offer. If someone considers that some sort of insult or "low ball" then I probably don't want to deal with that person anyway. What the hell do they teach millennials at school nowdays that makes them so damn delicate in the real world? I was raised and taught to always try and negotiate the best deal regardless of buying a house, car or a pair of socks. I expect (and have received) the same response when I post an item. I just didn't know I was supposed to get all pissy about it.

You hurt my feelings, reported

Why do people send you PMs saying: "Sorry to lowball you, but will you take....."? You're not sorry, that's why you're sending it. Are you so spineless you can't make a real offer, or just have the guts to ask without the apology?

I recently had a rifle for sale, and recieved quite a few of these. I don't mind a lowball offer, just be a man when you make your offer. Does apologizing when offering make you feel better about it? I probably would have let it go for one of those lowball offers, but couldn't sell it to someone that couldn't man up and ask without the apology.

Am I too disgruntled? Or does this **** you off too?

Low offers are better than no offers.

Who doesn't low ball. Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free. I will say that I get hammered drunk and will forget that convo ever happened. Happened with Burdy Burdy over a LBC. I saw his post. Saw that it was sold. I thought I'd message him and see if he had more. I Read the thread we had. It made me sad. Not sad enough to stop drinking.

Cheers.
No worries at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom