• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrel Drama

What would you do?

• Total voters
I agree with Porter Rockwell and often have the same problem you're having. I live out in the middle of nowhere and have had my fair share of trapped adorable pest that the kids fall instantly in love with. That nice long drive gives them time to say their goodbye's and hopefully the distance will guaranty problem solved. If they're not around a 22lr works great.

I used to work in the same office as this guy..his buddy rescued it and then his girlfriend wanted him to raise it. Needless to say it spent a few days in a box at work..fed it with a bottle and everything..

I thought there was going to be a tale of ODT proportions here.

They can make for entertaining pets. My wife had a "rescue" after a storm knocked a baby out of a tree. That joker would get up on top of the refrigerator and jump onto anyone walking by, LOL! Good times.

(edited to add: The squirrel, not the wife. Might have kept her if she did something like that.)

View attachment 1101506 strawberry my daughter's Southern flying squirrel

I knew a guy that rescued and raised a litter of these things and set them free in his back yard. I never witnessed it but he said he could sit out on his back deck at night and whistle and they would come see him.

Back
Top Bottom