• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Steel core 5.45×39 ammo has now been banned

Well if you read Cope's original post about 5.45 they say that all 5.45 will not be imported.
"Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE...Just got off the phone with them....Exact words No more Imports of 5.45x39 Ammo....... Don't hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY..... Just delivering the message..."

That is one part that is obviously incorrect, because ~99% of 5.45 is imported, but not all of that is steel core (I think the only domestic is the Hornady 60 gr V-max). The ATF AP ban would not have anything to do with the commercial silver bear or tula 5.45 that isn't steel core, but still imported. So at least part of Cope's statement is incorrect.

Check out the class on JBI armory
JBI Armory: Sorry building some 5.45 PISTOLS. Brian Veisz, Marcus Yznaga Pat McGroin Adam Barten I'm not the one and only and I do believe it was a AR pistol that banged this one *****ES, not an AK. Show me it was one of mine or sit down.

Check out the class on JBI armory

Everything is bigger in Texas, even the ***holes.....

I was reading all of this "unfold" over the past few days. I'm disappointed to say the least, especially since I really like 5.45, but this was bound to happen eventually. I've still got a few crates left but have mainly been buying commercial ammo lately anyhow(my wife has poor after range etiquette).

I can't see why Copes or AIM would destroy their reputations by passing on bad information. If Copes and AIM are saying they confirmed it, I believe them. Neither have a reputation of spreading false rumors to boost sales and if the gun community is anything it is unforgiving.

This. I'll valch for aim. They have taken tens of thousands of dollars from me . They would not throw fuel on the fire

Back
Top Bottom